Front seat removal

Hey folks

Is it a straight forward job to remove the front seats in my 197??
Would removing them cause the Airbag warning light to come on??

Had a quick look around the how to's and couldnt find a guide.

Thanks
Ben

Thanks. But would removing them cause the Airbag warning light to come on?

Thanks!!!! Replied as you were answering the above question

I wouldn't try using it with the seats removed though!

Strictly speaking you should disconnect the battery and wait 30min before messing with any airbags.

Pretensioner wiring is behind the small cover on the outside of each seat.

I wouldn't try using it with the seats removed though!
There goes my plan of taking it for a spin around the block without the seats then:wink:

Strictly speaking you should disconnect the battery and wait 30min before messing with any airbags.
Didnt think of doing that. will disconnect it before i do anything cheers

Pretensioner wiring is behind the small cover on the outside of each seat.

Ben:blowup:

make sure the torx drive is fitted in to the bolt correctly as they are easy to slip and strip the fittings in the bolt heads

wile were on the subject... my clio 172 (2002) had airbag faults bla bla bla... but everytime i sorted it it reset the light on its own accord,

on a 197 though....... if i remove teh seat and the light comes on, then re- fit seat wil ti re-set or do i need to plug it in? lol

wile were on the subject... my clio 172 (2002) had airbag faults bla bla bla... but everytime i sorted it it reset the light on its own accord,

on a 197 though....... if i remove teh seat and the light comes on, then re- fit seat wil ti re-set or do i need to plug it in? lol

nope - air bag light goes out and re-sets if all is ok - and yes i have done it :biggrin:

nope - air bag light goes out and re-sets if all is ok - and yes i have done it :biggrin:

foxspeed, ur a legend,

thought id ask wasnt a problem if it didnt just means goin to work to re-set it pmsl,

at least its a useful bit of information for everyone else :smile: