Front hub help

woodworm

Platinum Member
I know the lower ball joints come up all the time in here but does anyone have any good tips or a "how to" for removing and replacing the front Hub? I have ordered a new hub and just looking to see if anyone has changed theirs them selfs and what does need to come off ?
also is the wheel bearing easy enough to split from the hub and the bit the wheel bolts on to? Any special tools needed?

any help would great :thumbup1:

nuvuqy2e.jpg I've got this pic which may help :/ :worried: mine were changed by dealer so can't give you any tips and they only took about 4 hrs so for a normal diy mechanic about 1hr lmao

Cheers, aye I got the drivers side done under warranty when I first bought the car but now the near side needs done!

yeah I have been studying that pic,
I have try to figure out if things like the strut needs to come off? And do you need to take number 8 from that pic off or do you just undo the front bolt on it?

Strut won't need to come off if it's the outer hub your changing (12) but number 8 will and I bet it's a bugger because they'll all be seized :worried: you'll need some way of getting it out of the balljoint/swivel

Anyone else got any tips? I am looking to get this done this week, so any help would be great guys :jase::driveby:

Did you get it done?

I did both sides on the wife's 197 and wrote a quick how to, but can't remember where I left it!

Ian.