Front Bumper Supply Issue

Spoke to R Sport as suggested by FERNANDEZ and they have one!!

Great call, thanks, be quick though as they normally stock about 10 but are down to the last one. Its mine!!

Cheers

Have you tried getting one from R-Sport in Wimbledon, they supply the race teams so may have a stock.

Call: 0208 542 0042

So had update today from Renault UK -

Still no bumpers and no production date. Apparently they have escalated it to the highest possible source, the factory in France! Should this not have been done weeks ago?

I'm 4th on the priority list because I've kicked up, who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd??? When I claimed that about 30 were on back order they denied it. Bet renault clio cup race series don't have a supply issue!

9 weeks on Monday!

I'm 1st on the list, not that it makes a ****'s worth of difference!

Has anyone tried calling the guys who supply the cup cars? RenaultSport Wimbledon is it?

Who knows..... it's a load of ****e still. Renault are too busy NOT getting the mk4 out on time.

Has anyone tried calling the guys who supply the cup cars? RenaultSport Wimbledon is it?

Who knows..... it's a load of ****e still. Renault are too busy NOT getting the mk4 out on time.

Read the thread Mr Twig.. :wink:

Spoke to R Sport as suggested by FERNANDEZ and they have one!!

Great call, thanks, be quick though as they normally stock about 10 but are down to the last one. Its mine!!

Cheers

at least 2 new bumpers were fitted to the cup racers on saunday at croft...so there are/or were some somewhere :eek:

I'm surprised R-SPORT have any left after the carnage at croft last weekend.

bulk_upload250_zpsf77ca24b.jpg

According to my local Renault dealer they have 28 orders on back order, 8 marked as important.

Still no date for manufacture

I know someone who got one from renault today so one or two are filtering through now.

Sorry been away for a while. So Matter still not resolved although parts have by magic arrived overnight following the involvement of Auto Express Magazine and Motor Codes (industry regulator).

5 months on 11/08/2013!

Auto express were amazed and decided to run the story which can be found on page 22 of Auto Express this week (issue 31/07/2013)

To be honest the dealer have been great but they can't fix the car if the parts aren't available!

Finally had the call to say that the car was fixed on Friday. Dropped the hire car back, jumped on the train to see the car waiting glistening in the sun, repair complete however upon looking at the car found a manufacturing fault in the panel holding the Renault diamond (three creases where the panel was removed from the mould) so left the car there. The garage have ordered a new panel which when arrived will need to be sprayed and fitted. Lets hope its not another five months! The trouble is having returned the car and not collected mine I'm again out of pocket.

Will try and get a copy of the article and attach.

Sorry been away for a while. So Matter still not resolved although parts have by magic arrived overnight following the involvement of Auto Express Magazine and Motor Codes (industry regulator).

5 months on 11/08/2013!

Auto express were amazed and decided to run the story which can be found on page 22 of Auto Express this week (issue 31/07/2013)

To be honest the dealer have been great but they can't fix the car if the parts aren't available!

Finally had the call to say that the car was fixed on Friday. Dropped the hire car back, jumped on the train to see the car waiting glistening in the sun, repair complete however upon looking at the car found a manufacturing fault in the panel holding the Renault diamond (three creases where the panel was removed from the mould) so left the car there. The garage have ordered a new panel which when arrived will need to be sprayed and fitted. Lets hope its not another five months! The trouble is having returned the car and not collected mine I'm again out of pocket.

Will try and get a copy of the article and attach.

Why leave the car with them when you don't know when the part is coming? I'd have taken the car away again and waited until the part arrived before returning it.

Not on finance is it? The credit company would take an interest if it is.

I wish it was, finance finished in Jan.... personal loan now...

the difficulty is that Renault say that they will not compensate as I is no a supply fault (essentially its not their fault that the car is damaged) and the insurance company say its not their fault renault can't get parts.

The trouble I have is that it was a non fault accident so it's not my fault either!