Front Bumper Supply Issue

Renault have said that the issue with parts for the 200 ware due to the assembly lines being taken out of Deipe for the new 200T, for some reason there has been a delay in resetting up the the production line for replacement parts at a new factory.

I'm calling bull on that excuse. The production line in Dieppe is were all the finished components/parts are bolted to the chassis/frame to make a complete car not where parts are actually produced. More likely the supplier of the bumper is the same for the new Clio as it was for the old and they simply stopped making the bumper. The 200 bumper would only have been made in small numbers and they didn't see it as a priority. As far as I know they are required to supply spares for several years after they stop making a car so they may have made it one of their top priorities.

I'm calling bull on that excuse. The production line in Dieppe is were all the finished components/parts are bolted to the chassis/frame to make a complete car not where parts are actually produced. More likely the supplier of the bumper is the same for the new Clio as it was for the old and they simply stopped making the bumper. The 200 bumper would only have been made in small numbers and they didn't see it as a priority. As far as I know they are required to supply spares for several years after they stop making a car so they may have made it one of their top priorities.

Am only passing on what info I have been given, I totally agree there is a massive amount of BS around this story, I ordered some in wheel arch headlight covers for my R26 and they took 6 weeks to turn up.

Maybe they are waiting for enough orders so they can get them on bulk discount or something lol

Hi
Had a phone call today from Holly at Renault Customer Services. Still no production date listed or expected supply date. Promises me that she is doing everything she can and has escalated it to the highest possible source.

11 weeks today and counting!

So had a phone call today from Renault. Bad news for anyone waiting for a bumper.

Expected delivery to France is the middle of June!

So I'll be looking at end of June before its in the UK, at lifestyle Renault, sprayed and on the car.

Probably have a flat battery by then.....

2bh i cant even get a date out of them, they ring me to tell me theres no updates.......GREAT...how does that help my customer get there part....you can also be sure its going to a new maker, thus the first few will be not great.

I got that impression also. It appears hat current model parts are made by Renault but when a model is replaced the manufacturing goes to the highest bidder! To say that it will arrive in France in June suggests that it's being made elsewhere and imported.

I'm no 4 in the Q but only because I contacted them, I've heard that there may be as many as 40 on back order. Renault won't comment!

Who else is waiting for one?

I ordered a set of fog surrounds and fog lamps direct from renault parts, guy said 3 working days, pretty sure that was 3 weeka ago.

A problem that can happen as well is if an item is on back order with no date, after a period of time Renault can sometimes just delete the order with out telling the dealer. So something to also watch out for.

So still no bumper and now approaching 4 months, anyone else waiting or anyone had a knock and managed to get one in this time?

I noticed that last weekend three clio cup race cars lost there bumpers, wonder if they are waiting for Parts????

Latest contact from Holly at Renault CR was that bumpers were thought to be delivered around 14th June however having spoken to her colleague they have been delayed and there is now no expected delivery date.

Hoping for a goodwill gesture! Any suggestion??

So still no bumper and now approaching 4 months, anyone else waiting or anyone had a knock and managed to get one in this time?

I noticed that last weekend three clio cup race cars lost there bumpers, wonder if they are waiting for Parts????

Latest contact from Holly at Renault CR was that bumpers were thought to be delivered around 14th June however having spoken to her colleague they have been delayed and there is now no expected delivery date.

Hoping for a goodwill gesture! Any suggestion??

Free bumper and fitting?

Have you tried getting one from R-Sport in Wimbledon, they supply the race teams so may have a stock.

Call: 0208 542 0042

I'm selling mine, comes pre painted in LY and has the rest of the car attached.

Yours for the princely sum of £15,000