Front Bumper Supply Issue

To all Clio owners - Bumper Parts Supply

I'm currently in discussion with Renault Customer Services department following damage to my clio 200 (caused by a mum on a school run) on 11th March 2013.

The car was subject to slight front end damage and recovered to my local Renault garage Lifestyle in Tunbridge Wells. The garage assessed the damage and ordered the parts, which all arrived within a week with exception of the front bumper which they are still waiting for. It has now been eight weeks and I'm fed up with the 1.2 Vaux Corsa that I've been given as a hire car.

I have contacted Renault C/Services who advise that there are no available bumpers in the UK or Europe. They have advised that there is a supply problem, with the factory only making new clio parts and production of the old parts not yet transferred to a new supplier. The question is how long am I expected to wait and what do you see as reasonable?

I have been advised that Lifestyle Renault alone have three 200's requiring bumpers so I question how many there are nationwide and want your help. If you have had a supply problem with any part or if you are waiting for a bumper please make contact.

I have asked the question regarding compensation but been advised that they will not offer any as it is not a manufacturing fault, unless I'm wrong whilst not a faulty part it is a supply problem!

This is bad, really bad. You can't find a bumper from a car you could buy brand new in 2013...terrible

Thanks guys, whilst new cars exist bumpers don't. Keep the details coming, with numbers come action and with no action comes bad press!

I was going to suggest maybe looking for a second hand part but can't even find one, for either a 200 or 197.,,,

Its also the same for the front bumper insert, we've been waiting weeks for one for a customer, with no dates given.......

They seem to make a habit of doing this, last year I wanted some rear brake pads but were put on back order with no date given. Ended up after 3 weeks of waiting buying from nextday brakes.

Don't know how they can not give any dates, that's just bad customer service and good way to upset dealers and customers.

I panned in my headlight surround a few weeks back, burst all the clips so have been looking for a new front end for a couple of weeks now.
Spoke to a chap on here and he said his mate had been waiting nearly 3 months and that was a few weeks ago.
Went to Renault in Memsie and the dude said I had to pay before they ordered the bumper, I proceeded to ask for a timeline and after contacting Ness in Elgin it was apparant that it was long duration, could be weeks, could be months so I never coughed up. I was told 20 were on order nationwide but no date was given. Poor show Renault:thumbdown:

I'm also having trouble tracking down fog light surrounds also due to the problem above.

I saw a red bull edition complete front end on ebay but the guy was asking £850, put the spray job on top of that and it, s over the £1100 mark, plus cost to get it fitted. The bumper was from an 09, 4 year old bumper... rediculous

does anybody know if 197 front bumper will suffer from the same supply issues? the only reason i ask is that my car is due to go into the bodyshop at the garage i work at and i suspect that it might need a new one?

I'm also having trouble tracking down fog light surrounds also due to the problem above.

I saw a red bull edition complete front end on ebay but the guy was asking £850, put the spray job on top of that and it, s over the £1100 mark, plus cost to get it fitted. The bumper was from an 09, 4 year old bumper... rediculous

The blokes lying if he told you its a redbull and its 4 years old. They only came out last year

Renault have said that the issue with parts for the 200 ware due to the assembly lines being taken out of Deipe for the new 200T, for some reason there has been a delay in resetting up the the production line for replacement parts at a new factory.

So had update today from Renault UK -

Still no bumpers and no production date. Apparently they have escalated it to the highest possible source, the factory in France! Should this not have been done weeks ago?

I'm 4th on the priority list because I've kicked up, who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd??? When I claimed that about 30 were on back order they denied it. Bet renault clio cup race series don't have a supply issue!

9 weeks on Monday!