From Russia with love and with questions

Hi! Sorry for my English. Im from Russia. We have a little club of clio 197.
I have a few questions.
1) Im looking for the part number for the genuine Renault suspension from CLio 197 cup/ R27 springs and dampers or "cup chassis"
2) Can i use suspension from R3 on my stock clio 197?
3) What would you suggest to choose for track days? H&R coilover suspension kit or KW V3 or cup chassis from R27 or maybe suspension from R3
Thanks

Welcome to the site twin.

Sorry I can't help you with the part numbers but as for the R3 fitting your standard 197,
it would be a hell of a lot of work, not just the suspesion but would need to change loads of other bit. Like top mounts for one.

Think I would go for the H&R

Do you have a link to your site.?

Do you have a link to your site.?
http://www.hot-hatch.ru/
156062790.jpg
My Clio
156062801.jpg
88cbb35ace7b7564-original.jpg

156062792.jpg
156062794.jpg
and some questions
-kw v3 vs H&R suspension kit
-what do you think about http://reichhard-motorsport.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_148_4785_4793_4817

Last edited:
hi and welcome twin,

some nice pics mate, love the L.E.D, rear lights didnt think they would look good on the blue but they do,

The Reichard front anti roll bar does not say what size it is. It might not be an upgrade at all.

I would go for v3s as they are adjustable.

Sorry, don't want to start new topic with the same old question.

I'm also thinking about going for some coilovers on my 197.
Actually, I don't need adjustable damping, as I surely won't ever use it, so no need in V3, but my dilemma is whether to choose V1 or H&R.
I see everybody here are fans of V1 as a very good tool for track use but what about H&R? Aren't it more multi-purpose? I rarely use car on track (maybe 3-4 times a season), so won't it be better to go for H&R?

Of course, I would like to hear somebody with h&r coilovers experience! However useful comments are also appreciated :smile:

I have the H&R and it is well set up. Has a wider range of adjustment as well. Ride comfort is, in my opinion, better than the original setup.

If not for the adjustable damping, I would take the H&R over the KW anytime (in case of the 197).

You can improve both at the same time. I assume the KW is similar to the H&R ,but the range of adjustment on the rear is a bit thin.

Otherwise they´re both quality products. You won´t regret investing in either one of them.

Last edited:
guys, since i live in SA , getting my hands on those LED tails would be quite hard, but where do you guys buy them? any store name or website?

:bounce:

Similar Thread Suggestions