fresh layer of paint for front brake callipers!

thought id upload some pictures of me doing my callipers! so here it goes!

i started off by heading down to my local halfords and selecting there own brand heat resistant brake calliper paint. i spoke to my mate about doing it with that and he said hes tried both halfords own and the expensive makes of paint, and he said halfords is just as good, but less than half the price! so i bought it in the colour i wanted for £10.99

headed back home and jacked the car up and removed the wheel!

i started by wiping the calliper down with some cleaner (just some i use for the bikes!) once all the brake dust was removed, i started sanding them down. i only had 3 courses of emery cloth. once all the sanding had been done, they looked like this;

image.jpg

now i gave them one last wipe down, to make sure all the grease, dust etc was removed.

then i started to paint them. each coat took arounf 45mins to be touch dry. i gave them around 4 coats just to be sure :smile:
then i made some brembo stickers to replace the old logo!
so here it is! (short thread but i know a few people did want to see pictures :smile:
image-3.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg
aaaaaaaimage1.jpg
aaaaaaaimage2.jpg
largeimage.jpg

cheers :smile:

Last edited:
Good finish, I'd be wanting to get those pins out incase the paint sticks em in

yeah, i did acutally paint on the outer side of the pins (the spikey end) but didnt paint on the other side. so hopefully when they need to come out, they shouldnt be stuck! :smile:

Last edited: