French car virgin!

Lol! Hey there Jase, no unfortunately not, the car was driven by a 50 yr old housewife to do the shopping in it before me(!), she only put 7,000 miles on the clock before she sold it and swapped it for a Smart Car! Lol! She specced the cup pack but didn't go for the seats. Just trying to decide whether to go for a re-trim or start saving and go for the Recaros at the mo'.

recaros all the way. :smile:
they will set you back about £1k ish second hand or £600 with a part ex for your seats.

Welcome, very nice car indeed! I seem to remember my alloys being that colour once, must go clean. Oh no, there's a cloud in the sky never mind!

Hey there guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Jase I'd sell my soul for a set of Recaros, guess I better start saving! I think they might be one of the last things I get done, the alloys are totally wrecked with kerb damage on all four, but first and foremost I think I'll get the ITG Maxogen kit/filter sorted and then the zaust squared away. Get the feeling this car's going to empty my wallet real fast! :biggrin:

Drew you got any good tips for keeping them clean, products etc? It's the only time I curse that car and at the moment, although I love the colour some days it drives me crazy! Lol!

Class 31 I bet your alloys look a darn site better than mine, they've been kerbed to death, all four of them! I had to Photoshop the pics before posting I was that embarrassed! :'(

Don't panic, I was the same when I had my Twingo! Managed to very carefully keep the Clio away from kerbs so far, although I've only had it 6 weeks.

I use chemical guys that's good stuff and also use meguiars. I think it's a case of what you find best and easiest to use. :smile:

Cheers Jos, I was just about to ask where's best to go and thanks for the tips Drew, appreciate it. Class I couldn't do it... not unless a LY with Recaros turns up on my doorstep! :drool:

Cheers Jos, I was just about to ask where's best to go and thanks for the tips Drew, appreciate it. Class I couldn't do it... not unless a LY with Recaros turns up on my doorstep! :drool:

LY with recaros FTW :wink: welcome though

Cleaning wise invest in some good cleaning / detailing gear I've always swore my meguiars tbh I not a lot us other stuff but it's megs for me and get yourself a decent snow foam gun too :smile:

Enjoy the forum and motor