Free membership in order

Hi

As some of you will have read I have been trying to make the fog lights come on when the car is unlocked while the site was down I have succeeded. The following is a guide on how to do it I take no responsibility for damage inflicted to yourself or the vehicle.

Materials

30A 12v Relay
Crimps for the relay (Blue female spade)
Connector block
5 lengths of wire

How To

1. Remove the glove box this is achieved by removing the three size 20 torx screws under the dash strip. There are two more one is located inside the glove box in the middle near the top and the other is to the left of it under a cover which pulls off.

2. Now that the glove box has been removed you will see a large grommet in the passenger side foot well, you need to run two cables through here.

a) Run a feed from the brown fog light feed this is located in front if the passenger side wheel, remove the arch liner and you will see it cut the cable and connector block it together on one side with you cable coming out of the other.

b) Run a cable from the + terminal on the battery, I found it easier to put a large flat head screwdriver through the grommet from the passenger compartment into the engine bay, you can them tape the cables to this and pull them through. (Be extremely careful doing this as you will be close to the main loom, the screwdriver will come out in the top right corner of the engine bay by the ECU).

3.Remove the passenger side windscreen pillar this pulls in towards the car and to the rear. Once this is removed you will see the connector plug for the interior light it is the one closest to the door.

a)You will see a red wire going into this plug cut this cable and connector block it as per the fog lights be patient it is fiddly.

b)You also need to connector block the grey wire that goes into this plug.

4. You should now have 4 cables in the passenger side footwell ready to be wired up.

Pin 87 brown fog light feed
Pin 30 Battery +
Pin 85 Interior light feed (Red)
Pin 86 Interior light Switched live (grey)

Once connected test the lights to make sure everything works, i have timed it and you have 15 seconds from when the car unlocks to the lights going out. the lights will also come on when the engine is stopped for around 15 seconds or when the car is locked.

5. If you would like to wire up the rear fog to come on aswell take a feed from the green wire on the rear of the drivers side light cluster to Pin 87 wire it in with the fog light feed. i would recommend doing this if you have done the twin rear fog mod.

Rear Fog Mod

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1721

I am open to any suggestions to make this a more fluid process and if anybody wants this doing around the North west i am happy to do so for a fee.

thanks

Attachments

• Glove box.jpg
    Glove box.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
they do have "see me home" lights

when you switch off you pull the indicator stalk to put the headlights on each pull is about 30sec iirc up to a max of 2mins

I know but thats no good if you are walking to the car in the dark. This mod makes little sense in the summer but during the winter i think it will come in handy.