for the guys with turbos or meg engines

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Hi guys

Just a quick one

When it comes to exhausts, what's to turbos prefer?

Turbo back with decat?

Turbo back with sports cat?

I need some pops and bangs in my life and I miss the akrapovic soooo much. I'm thinking full on decat the Clio but does the turbo like a little bit of back pressure

Thoughts?

Thanks

A

Each car/turbo is different. Example being, the Corsa VXR flourished with a decat but the Fiesta ST doesnt like them.

The Meg prefers fully decatted. different engine now so it might be worth having a look at what Nismo have done with the juke R.. Same engine afterall.

I wish akrapovic were on board with making an exhaust for the New 4RS

Them guys know their onions

The less back pressure the better for ANY turbo car. They need only the smallest amount which will occour naturally within the decat pipe anyway.

The real question you should be asking it what will my ECU cope better with? :wink:

Yeah Willis I was under the same impression

I'm looking at 2 companies that are making 70mm turbo back systems. One with a sports cat in the down pipe, one with a decat downpipe

The less back pressure the better for ANY turbo car. They need only the smallest amount which will occour naturally within the decat pipe anyway.

unless you create turbine overspeed..... or surge conditions

Hi guys

Just a quick one

When it comes to exhausts, what's to turbos prefer?

Turbo back with decat?

Turbo back with sports cat?

I need some pops and bangs in my life and I miss the akrapovic soooo much. I'm thinking full on decat the Clio but does the turbo like a little bit of back pressure

Thoughts?

Thanks

A

That Akro is poping nicley fella