Foggy Ribblehead

Rick

Gold Member
Been meaning to take a look around here for a while but haven't had the chance. Took the initiative today and what a day.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446671376.386999.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446671409.448132.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446671434.648986.jpg

Added bonus was the road it was on was 20 miles of fun.

Shame the weather wasn't better/ the car wasn't clean but took some pics anyway.
You can actually drive right up to the viaduct but I think it would have destroyed my suspension.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446671582.640507.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446671606.924167.jpg

Buttertubs is a bit further North, towards the top of the York Dales - I think it's the area up between Hawes and Thwaite?

Last edited:
I know I ended up in hawes at some point. I'm based in south Manchester so don't know the area at all just drove up there for an adventure.
Let me know when the next outing is!

I know I ended up in hawes at some point. I'm based in south Manchester so don't know the area at all just drove up there for an adventure.

You probably did it without knowing, pic below

IMAG1023_zpsnsvanery.gif

Yeah think I may have sampled some of the area accidentally. I'll have to go back just a shame it's not on my doorstep

You probably did it without knowing, pic below

IMAG1023_zpsnsvanery.gif

I think I recognise that bit, the road bends to the right and drops quite steeply and then bends back left and up again. I remember I was carrying too much speed and didn't quite realise how sharp that bend was. The Clio handled it well, but was it was way above my comfort level haha!

It's just a little bit before the cattle grid and the small monument? Views are pretty epic there;

11c4l80.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos, the roads all round there are brilliant. The road that the viaduct is on, from Ingleton to Hawes is immense. Done it twice in the last two weeks! Buttertubs is a pretty short stretch, but a lot of fun either way.

Will look into arranging another drive out in the area, maybe after xmas sometime.

Nice photos, the roads all round there are brilliant. The road that the viaduct is on, from Ingleton to Hawes is immense. Done it twice in the last two weeks! Buttertubs is a pretty short stretch, but a lot of fun either way.

Will look into arranging another drive out in the area, maybe after xmas sometime.

Yeah that is the road I did went one way then turned in hawes then back the other way.

nice pics..did it not long ago with other members on here and plus some meganes..great fun..glad there is another Manchester based member..

Last edited:
Nice photos, the roads all round there are brilliant. The road that the viaduct is on, from Ingleton to Hawes is immense.

amen..looking forward to it mate...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mason Gallery 9
Gazeratti Spotted 1
Matt_555 Gallery 4