Flippin BT

richandgem

Platinum Member
Rant Alert!!

BT do my head in. We've been with them for 3 years now for phone and broadband, the phone we only have so we can have broadband. over the last 2 weeks we've had nothing but problem with the interent connection resulting in us not having a connection. I was sent from pilar to post, one department sayin it was the hub, the other saying it was the line. They've gone through diagnostics on the hub (I hate this as the person on the other end of the phone normally knows less about IT than me), line checks and other type of check they can think.

It all turns out some idiot was working on the exchange and messed sumin up:swear:

Hopefully the problem should be solved today but its been very annoying not having an internet connection especially when your paying for it and not getting it. And to add insult to injury I only get one bar of signal on my phone at home so Ive not even been able to use 3GS :angry:

arrrrrgggggghhhh b***** BT

Rant Over

We found BT were pish with us. Mega slow internet and everything.

Cancelled with them and are now with o2. No problems so far a year on.

BT are s***.

I would like to end my statement there, but I will explain.

I have been with BT for about a year now. Not out of choice, they just offered the best business package. So I thought!

I am supposed to be receiving maximum download speeds of 5mb, I dont even get 2mb. Try streaming even youtube at peak hours and youve had it! Unless your nocturnal, and even then its f***ing poor, the speeds are just not what I paid for.

Rang them numerous times and somehow it always comes back to me having to do something. NO! Last I heard BT I am the customer, I am always right, now help me and give me what I paid for.

I have now decided that when renewal day arrives I will move to Mr Bransons neck of the woods for broadband. Lets just hope he hasnt lost touch with his customers like many large business' now'a days.

:argue:

BT are poo to say the least, never a solid connection and never any good with customer service. I too am now with O2 but still these arnt the best signal up and down and a rubbish standard router.

Have you tried deleting your cookies? Does it do this on all your computers? Can you touch your nose and balance on one leg at a time?

:wink::wink::wink:

[/ENDBTINDIASCRIPT]

:smile:

At least they didn’t cut your phone line off in “error” then take a week to reconnect you oh and give you a different number :swear:

BT suck, send them a letter. We did and got the new instillations fees refunded and our old number put back on.

Like I always say, it’s no wonder we are so far behind other countries when monkeys like BT are in control of our telecommunications systems, useless bunch of c***.

:whatever:

Have you tried deleting your cookies? Does it do this on all your computers? Can you touch your nose and balance on one leg at a time?

:wink::wink::wink:

[/ENDBTINDIASCRIPT]

:smile:

lol no but they got me to stick my finger into a usb socket and the other hand in the air :wink:

I've just been informed its all working again so I'll be able to get online when I get home :smiley:

I'm not even gonna read this thread and I've been working in mobile and internet engineering for over 10 years.

Needless to say....

Broadband = 02/BE Unlimited or TalkTalk
Mobile network = Vodafone
Mobile phone = HTC Desire

I've been with virgin for tv,landline and tinternet for over 4 years now and can only say how great they are.

My folks are with talktalk and have had nothing but trouble with them and don't even get me started on contacting their call centre. My brother was with them too and had same problems so soon left them.

I've been with virgin for tv,landline and tinternet for over 4 years now and can only say how great they are.

My folks are with talktalk and have had nothing but trouble with them and don't even get me started on contacting their call centre. My brother was with them too and had same problems so soon left them.

I wouldn't argue that Virgin Broadband is a good product but there are quite a few rural areas that arn't covered and for higher bandwidth users XXL is an expensive option if you want to avoid traffic engineering (at peak times).

In terms of customer service, TalkTalk have won a fair few awards over the years so it's swings and roundabouts tbh. One persons experience is different to another. I've had very few problems, but then I'm a techie who uses Cisco equipment and open source DNS servers!

For DSL BE Unlimited is definately the best :smile:

At last I can access the tinternet at home :smiley:

We were with NTL at our old house and the broadband connection we had was fantasic. never missed a beat and was so fast. Unfortuantely our line here isn't capable os supporting anymore than 1mbs and we cant get virgin :worried:

I'm with virgin cable broadband aswell, always get great signal strength throughout the house, and they upgraded our internet from 2mb to 10mb for free. And i'm currently getting... 9.75mb at the moment. perfect! :smiley:

BT tell me that we have a copper coated fibre optic line due to the distance out house is from the exchange. Bear in mind that we don't live in the sticks, we only a few mins from the city centre. That's what's makes our connection so rubbish

Im gonna be the first to say it but, ive not had any problems with BT

constant Connection, full speed although a bit pricey compared to other providers!
Due to the fact there are cheaper options, I will be moving to Talk Talk

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Luke_197 Body Work and Exterior Lights 20
eightball103 Clio General Chat 8
Arran General Chat 9