Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Another useful answer from Ferodo technical manager, Edward is a top notch guy! Hope you find it useful:
"Dear Tamas
The FERODO RACING range works as follows. We have an FCP (for stock calipers) or and FRP (for racing calipers) prefix before a number, and then the suffix identifies the material.

H = DS2500
R = DS3000
W = DS1.11
Z = DSUNO

This I confirm your identification

FCP1667R - DS3000
FCP1667H - DS2500

FCP1491H - DS2500
FCP1491R - DS3000

Another part of Federal-Mogul sells the normal aftermarket ranges. FDB is a prefix that the Ferodo Premier range uses. Thus FDB1491 is a good quality replacement pad. Should be about equal to the OE quality. But it is not a high performance or racing pad."

Nice one mate congrats, it's all about the ASTs right?:wink:

Indeed mate! As you and others said so many times, this should be my first upgrade, all the rest could wait!
What I noticed: at Mansell curve coming up to the hill, bit brake and turning in still in 4th gear, where previously used 3rd gear.
Same on Alesi curve, using 4th gear now, while used to have 3rd gear.

Also quaife helped, its there, doing its job, helps me a lot in turn 2, after the chicane and Alesi as well.

Have to find a good setup for the suspension, any suggestions pls?

Guys, yesterday we went to Slovakiaring again and had some fun! Pls enjoy the videos :smile:

[video=youtube;AaFIx_fnn8o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFIx_fnn8o[/video]

[video=youtube;0qCwFSdFNM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCwFSdFNM4[/video]

Last edited:
here is the run, where I massively improved my personnel best, which was 2:49.1 last year with used rallye slicks.
this year, thanks to the improvements (investments?) - quaife lsd, AST coiles, OZ Ultras, Dunlop Direzzas - I was able to improve 8 sec!!!!

[video=youtube;ii26zvVYJuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii26zvVYJuY[/video]

Guys, my next step is to remove the air condition/AC from the car, as it weights a lot around 10-11 kg as read here, and I am not using it at all.
Goal is to lower weights and also will improve the weight ratio a bit.

Would you pls advise me here? [MENTION=52417]krash67[/MENTION] was so kind and shared how he has done it, which is smilar to option B below, but not completely.

I have done the homework, so as far as I know there are 2 options:
A) use an AC delete kit: from a Clio Cup Racer. Comes with complete arm, bolts, new wheel, belt, alternator.

B) use this kit, which would change the crank pulley for a smaller one (150mm vs 100mm), alternator position is changed and belt is shorter:
21693412560_9d66ffa23e_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

21260401633_a4ec72e886_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

21694614979_ecbe93ed08_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

How have you done yours, pls?

cup racers have smaller diameter crank pulley with different - shorter and narrower belt - and AC-delete pulley. I've bought a Cup alternator and compared it to OEM one and they are the same. As a matter of fact You only need AC delete pulley and use it with original alternator and belt and it will fit. You'll save about 7kg if I remember correctly - AC pulley weighs about 1,5 kg or so.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-05-09 15.01.20.jpg
    2015-05-09 15.01.20.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 533
Friday we went to Pannoniaring, its 200km from Budapest, but what a great track!
Around 12-14 Celsius, pleasant for brakes, tyres, engine!
This was my first visit here, but sure we will come back!
Here are 2 vids, one with best lap and another one, pls enjoy :smile:

[video=youtube;FfGNIBo1UAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGNIBo1UAE[/video]

[video=youtube;hN6-KKyMLYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN6-KKyMLYk[/video]

Long time no talk, but lots of things going in the background! Little one goes into garage next Tuesday:

- remove AC
- install AC delete kit
- relocate small battery
- install R3 Access air box
- remove curtain airbags and passenger airbag

hope everything goes well, after these changes the car will still look OEM, MOT ready!

Another topic, the annoyingly high seating position with Recaro CS seat :worried:
The solution would be this Madeno lowered subframes as pictured here.
what we know:
- 40mm drop
- height adjustment gone

still to confirm:
- slide (moving back and forth)
- adjustable back of the seat

23404126492_2f9762cf85_z.pngRecaroCS-frame_kit by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

anyone ownes it? can you share your thoughts? it costs like gold.....

Hi Flacsi, i own this seat kit from Madeno Racing.
Installation is not completely "plug and play" but it looks perfect (like factory) and seat position is asolutely fantastic.

still to confirm:
- slide (moving back and forth) yes
- adjustable back of the seat yes

Hi Flacsi, i own this seat kit from Madeno Racing.
Installation is not completely "plug and play" but it looks perfect (like factory) and seat position is asolutely fantastic.

still to confirm:
- slide (moving back and forth) yes
- adjustable back of the seat yes

Hi Treid, does that mean it still uses the original plastic trim etc and can you confirm the seats do still tilt?

Got any pics of them fitted?

cheers

Madeno confirmed the tilt works today.
@treid can you confirm the original plastic trim is in place, and what do you mean by not completely plug and play?? what did you need to do to fit them? thanks

So after a couple of re-schedule, left my little one at the garage last Friday. And they made a good progress :smile:

Please note where the expansion tank was moved!

24332984186_77986c621a_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

24063635250_d459bef66f_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

23731024514_5edad710e4_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

the battery goes below the passenger seat:
23991416259_10f2b3394b_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

airbox will get fresh air from the front grill, like the R3 Maxi, the
24250982122_80daac90b5_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

all these are out, keen to know the weights what I saved on the FRONT axle !!!
24333019026_c947afdbec_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

share your thoughts!

Reactions: BenAG200
Looks good flacsi! Finally got my r3 airbox fitted last week, fits well and looks great!

i ended up fitting the header tank in the same place as you and modified the washer bottle filler to suit so it can still be used