Fixing on side skirts?

Chaps..whats needed to fix the carbon look side skirts on, finally got a pair 2nd hand pair from Leigh but (guess what)..no fixings what so ever!!:thumbdown:

Got in touch with Karl about a fixing kit but they only actually come with new skirts.

What is needed to fix them on? Would rather do it myself but would be with DIY stylee screws/rivets etc or is it best to take to local bodyshop?

Cheers

Isn't it just a few screws and a bit of bonding????
Surely someone on here have fitted them

I think it's a couple of screws at the front and then a couple at the back.

If you look at the skirts then there's probably the holes in them

Thats what I'm hoping it is Roy, being 2nd hand the holes in skirts are already pre drilled so i'm presuming its just drill underside of car (ohhh crumbs!!) and fix with self tappers or rivets.

The rear shark fin bit of the skirt has got a grommet thing sticking out (on the inside of it) so Im presuming that has to fix into something tho. Haven't even picked the car up yet so can't even line it up to see..lol

Meant to say, popped in to a local bodyshop yesterday with both the skirts & clio, old boy came out and had a look and reckoned at LEAST 2 hours per side (@29.00 p/hour!!). I take it he's having a laugh???

Major laughing.. I'm sure I read that somebody on here just used serously sticky tape. Don't think I'd be very confortable doing 90mph with just tape holding them on. I'll have a look for the post.

I fitted mine myself and I rekon you could do both sides in 30 mins! lol (may be exagerating slightly...)

If I remember correctly the fitting kit came with slightly longer screws to connect where the existing plastic sill is fastened on and then there are marks on the side skirts which are where you drill to rivet the skirt to the car. That gromet bit might be slightly tricky to drill for without one of the origional sticky marking out tools that comes with the kit but I'm sure you could use some masking tape and a marker to improvise?