fitting lower valence and skiirts

Hi guys, iv just purchased the lower valence for the front and a pair of side skirts for my R27.

Im pretty handy with tools, being a sparky, but the instructions are only crappy pictures, what sort of glue is used to bond the two together? I understand there are screws for the valence and rivets for the side skirts, but it shows some sort of adhesive aswell!

any general tips to fitment would be appreciated too, dont wanna **** it up :/

cheers guys

i didnt use any body adhesive on mine

on the rs splitter there are some tangs that go in to the slots where the rubber lip fits - i just drilled small holes in these and in to the underside of the bumper and used self tappers to hold it in place - its a really good fit round the bumper if you do it right and if you break it (like i did) alot easier to replace!

cool man, so just set it up to sit in the place you want to fit, mark holes and screw it in with washers?! sounds good!

as for the side skirts, is there a risk of going through the fuel tank at all? or should i use super stubby screws?

cheers

cool man, so just set it up to sit in the place you want to fit, mark holes and screw it in with washers?! sounds good!

as for the side skirts, is there a risk of going through the fuel tank at all? or should i use super stubby screws?

cheers

thats about it - use some tape to hold it in position if your doing it on your own

side skirts are nowhere near the fuel tank :thumbup1:

Ok, got it all fitted in about 2.5 hours with some help of a proper car jack and my old man! I didn't use glue, but did rivet the side skirts in place, and the front lip was screwed in!

I already loved this car more then words could express, but since these bits have gone on, its just taken the look to new heights! every time i get out of the car i look back and smile! It has made it look like a rally car, best 900 bucks iv ever spent (i dont mean that)

thanks for the help guys

You'll need the biggest rivet gun ever and a lot of clearance IE a ramp to do the side skirts.

If you have neither, I used self tappers.

There's guides for both in the 'How To' section of the site.

I used a standard hydraulic car jack and the rivets that came with the kit mate, got all 9 rivets on without even having the car jacked up! Looks beautiful, just got the intake and centre silencer removed, now it sounds like a rally car, iv never loved something as much as i love this car!

It puts Vtec bbbrrraaAAAHHHHHH to shame, its so much more throaty and beefy, and comes on instantly! wow