Fitting external temp sensor to 200 cup?

Has anyone done this?

Where is it, in the mirror like on the 182?

If so is it just a case of popping the mirror cap off and fitting the sensor, does it plug straight in or is the wiring missing on the loom?

I was disgusted to see a base model clio has it but not a 200 cup :jumpon:

And it's useful for country driving because you will know when to expect ice!

FF clios with or without the cup chassis have a temp sensor, it's just the Cup models that don't have them in aid of weight saving.

200 cup don't have temp sensor.

Only electr mirror have them.

Correct. I imagine theres alot more to this than just "fitting the temperature sensor" because the entire wing mirror on the 200 Cup is manual, not electric.

I've looked into this and fitted the sensor to my Mum's new Twingo as that didn't come with one either.
It's on the drivers side mirror on hers but there is no wiring in the 'door loom' for it to connect to. Having spoken to Renault, they think the wiring might be present on the car side, but can't say for sure.

Easiest option is to change the door loom to one you know has the sensor as standard, plug it into the car's loom in the door jam and see if the temperature display appears.

I personally think the uch will have to be enabled to see the sensor also. Might look into it this spring on my 197 Cup