First time

First time I washed it since I have owned it. Never detailed a car before, or payed much attention to washing one. I then started looking at the detailing stuff and found it quite interesting, and was surprised at its complexity, if you take it to those levels. But today I kept it simple it a wash with some Autoglym, and I will 0take it from there.

Before
7569205546_8616aedb2a_z.jpg

7569207372_7776fe3ac7_z.jpg

7569206326_855a21b0b7_z.jpg

7569208198_901a68cd20_z.jpg

Wheels were in abit of a state
7569220200_6117ecae82_z.jpg

After
7569215692_5cd683832e_z.jpg

7569203342_26a3bbb9ca_z.jpg

7569214540_ec20240420_z.jpg

7569218844_594764603f_z.jpg

7569222510_d486a64655_z.jpg

7569224162_4d189fbd5d_z.jpg

Hopefully with time I will learn more and get better.

Any comments, or tips are welcomed

Looking good :drool: One tip when you do the wheels do the tyres as well makes it look a lot better
If it's your first real clean you will soon get the bug I spent 4 hrs today just doing the rear quarter and wheel arches:smile:

Looks good to me!!! :smile:

Like Roy has said, it does become somewhat of an obsession once you start experimenting with different brands and different products. Most people will have their own favourite things to use and if you were to ask ten people to name their favourite wax for example then you'd get ten different answers hahaha!!!

Bilberry Juice is worth looking at as a wheel cleaner, that's one that everyone seems to agree with. :wink:

Looks good to me!!! :smile:

Like Roy has said, it does become somewhat of an obsession once you start experimenting with different brands and different products. Most people will have their own favourite things to use and if you were to ask ten people to name their favourite wax for example then you'd get ten different answers hahaha!!!

Bilberry Juice is worth looking at as a wheel cleaner, that's one that everyone seems to agree with. :wink:

As Willis said Bilberry should be first on the list:drool:

A good wheel cleaner is on the list, as well as some ironx and snow foam.

But yeh as with most things there are lots on the market, and it comes down to what you use first and stick with. It is strangely satisfying when you do it though, and rub your hands along the smooth bodywork admiring your handy-work

Considering a wax/wheel wax. Anyone recommend a good one?

I stick with what I put on my car collinite 845!

Bilberry is excellent!

I've also started using a lot of the auto finesse range!

I use dodo juice supernatural hybrid sealant on my wheels, they usually clean up easily enough afterwards

good effort mate, try not to get the detailing bug, it makes your wallet very thin! Some tyre shine would make the wheels look better :smile:

Now going to have a few hours on the rubber seals all round the car:thumbup:
That's how addictive it is mate lol but it has to be done

I still dont fully understand the "claying" thing, even on the paint work. Not got that far into it. Just wanted something to help protect the wheels abit more as they can be a pain to clean properly.

I suppose in the ideal world, I want to do a full clean every couple of months, and every few weeks be able to remove the surface dirt with a quick wash.

I still dont fully understand the "claying" thing, even on the paint work. Not got that far into it. Just wanted something to help protect the wheels abit more as they can be a pain to clean properly.

I suppose in the ideal world, I want to do a full clean every couple of months, and every few weeks be able to remove the surface dirt with a quick wash.

Simple way
Wash
Clay
De tar
Wash
Base coat
Polish
Wax
6 months repeat
Simples

I think alot of it comes down to how much you want to spend, and how much want to get into detailing.

I have just started with an Autoglym kit, and I am just going to take it form there. Alot of it will come down to brand loyalty and experiences that people have with different products, and there are plenty to chose from so it is bewildering!

What do you use or recommend for this mate as I'm have just bought a 197 and I need f some detailng stuff

Depends on a lot of factors but there's a few really good detailers on here give them a shout they always willing to give advice eg RussZs
Or go on detailing world