First Major Clean, Clay, Polish of 2010!

Spent nearly 4 hours today, just on the outside! Tomorrow I need to Wax, clean the inside and spruce up the engine bay :smiley: Definitely worth the effort!

Started with Meguirs APC, Pressure sprayed on, left, and rinsed.

Photo0013.jpg

Next was Megiurs Hyper Wash, left to do it's work, and rinsed.

Photo0014.jpg

Another spray of Meg and Foam, then the Two Bucket Method.

Photo0017.jpg

Waffled Dry.

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Alloys cleaned and sealed with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant and Tyre Shine (Arches need doing lol)

Photo0056.gif

First time using Meguirs Clay Bar's, Cant believe the shit on the car after I thought it was 'clean' mines a 56 plate, so 4 years of contaminents as you can clearly see!!!

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

Photo0048.gif

Photo0047.jpg

Photo0049.gif

Photo0054.jpg

Finally polished with Autoglym SRP and the Results...

Photo0068.gif

Photo0062.gif

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0064.gif

Great effort Troopy, I gave mine a good going over this week after the promise of decent weather for more than 24hrs :wink: The clay bars are immense arent they I was amazed by the feel of the paintwork after I did it for the first time it is def worth £25. For the polishing did you use a machine or was it by hand?

It looks really good mate - good luck with the waxing, I hope it dont take too long lol!

4 hours well spent:thumbup1:
nice job mate. cant wait till im of my
crutches so i can do mine

Thanks guys :smile:, not posted any pics in a while, I bought the alloys and exhaust from Fewie up in Hull, was desperate to get pics up but not had a chance to clean her properly with the damn weather!! Haha love my plate so lucky to find it :smiley:!

I was so shocked at the s**t that came off the car with the clay bars. Amazing to think that all this time i thought it was as clean as I could get it lol, very impressed with the finish now.

And as for polishing, i'm not sure I would trust myself with a machine lol, just did it by hand with these:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/lake-country-light-cut-hand-pad-cat24.html

I think they've had some small impact on the swirls but it really needs a good paint correction in the summer...best start saving!

Hopefully by the time your off the crutches stydriver, the weather should be much better, making it easier to find a day to clean lol.

Cheers Troopy I really want to get a DA Polisher to get rid of the swirls from the previous owner, but like you I dont think I would trust myself (on my car, just need to find a tester lol). Thanks for the link I may have to get one of those and give it a go, if you think it helps it may be worthwhile as they are only light marks.

It seems like it's worked for sure, and if used with a light cut polish rather than SRP and more elbow grease (as i ended up giving up lol) i'd hope it would take the swirls away completely. There's just so many swirls on my black car, doubt you can see them that clearly on your LY :smiley: Lucky!

great work Troopy,

i do like the Black 197,s they look even better with you tints and black wheels ( stealthy ). :thumbup1:

you need to get that lowerd!!!!! there is too much arch :worried: mines the same.

your going for the stelth look then???

just need to do your sport sign on the sign in black and your silver logos :smile: the this car will be stunning

its pretty stunning already tbh

Thanks for the comments :smile: i've actually just spent another 4 hours, waxing and sealing, cleaning the interior (mats are drying in the house), every nook and cranny seen too and tidied up the engine bay. It's been a long two days for sure lol!

great work Troopy,

i do like the Black 197,s they look even better with you tints and black wheels ( stealthy ). :thumbup1:

I haven't actually tinted the windows, and I asked renault for a spec sheet of my car a while back and they confirmed that they were not tinted...but to me it looks like they are?? All very strange!

Looks good.

200 diffuser would finish it off nicely.

If one comes along I don't see why not :wink: it's just finding one! A 200 diffuser does look great on a 197!

you need to get that lowerd!!!!! there is too much arch :worried: mines the same.

your going for the stelth look then???

just need to do your sport sign on the sign in black and your silver logos :smile: the this car will be stunning

its pretty stunning already tbh

Desperately want springs and spacers, the stealth look is definitely on the cards, going to buy the smoked rear lights off ebay (the ones ryan has).

Already got a new front badge and buying a rear to spray black and keep the originals to put on when i end up inevidtably selling :worried: in the future.

And i've also got 3 spare interior dash trims that will be glass black too :smiley:... watch this space :smiley:

If one comes along I don't see why not :wink: it's just finding one! A 200 diffuser does look great on a 197!

Or! Paint your current diffuser black. Tis the only thing that stands out on an otherwise lush stealth 197 :thumbup1:

I think noddies idea is a good one. You should whip the diffuser off n get it sprayed. Its only a couple of quid for a spray can from a model shop n ul be laughing! It will finish the look off quite well.

It is a very good idea!! And i can do the front grills at the same time! Not sure about me spraying them though, i've never done anything that big, might have to get someone to do them for me :wink: I don't trust myself with anything except filling up with petrol and cleaning lol!

Looking good mate, especially like the wheels! completely change the look of the car. Where did you get them from!?! :wink:

love the new plate as well. You had the exhaust fitted yet? Nice to see my old bits going to a good home.

Some bloke had some lying around gathering dust in a garage, and i'm sure he spent some of the money I gave him for the wheels and exhaust at the hull match that day?!

Haha you're back, how's the 182 and have you moved into the new house?

Got the wheels and exhaust put on at Ricci Concept, over the moon, can't be happier, really changed the look/sound of the car, made me fall in love with it all over again!

The exhaust really is fantastic isn't it?! Best purchase by far. The new house is good. The 182 is doing an sterling job on the 25 mile daily commute and returning 31mpg in the process (not quite as good as i'd hoped but better than the 197 would've been at guess). I'm doing a track day at cadwell end of the month so I'll get a chance to compare the 2 better. I still maintain the 182 is quicker in a straight line but in terms of handling, looks, quality etc the 197 is in a different league.

I wonder what finance deals are available on a 200....

Looks lovely mate, i do love black 197's!! Awesome shine! Def worth all the hours.