200: Finally a 200 owner!

Finally gave up trying to decide what car to choose and went with the one that puts the biggest smile on my face to look at and drive... A silver Clio 200 cup packed (not sure what the colour is actually called)

It's beautiful and great to drive even in packed London roads covered in pot holes lol

30k on the clock, everything looks mint bar one alloy, pick it up next Saturday and i'll get some more pics when it's home safe lol

Will be sad to see the 182 go but this is a much more modern car that feels completely different to drive in a good and bad way tbf

I don't think it's a silverstone, no recaros, black roof or speedlines. It does look like mercury silver though.

I know what you mean on the 182 side but you won't regret it, sure it doesn't feel as raw in its pace but the handling is in a different league.

As far as I know it's not a silverstone so ill trust Niknok's expertise lol I did really want those damn recaros though

The only thing that is a worry is that there's the tiniest of crunches going into 4th gear, you can't really feel it but its just about audible without the radio on, but an 09 plate should still be ok for warranty work right?

09 plate is now out of warranty unless extended, if its not a silverstone, wasn't the only other option on 200's nimbus? Or did they do mercury also?

Isn't it 4 years for the 200 warranty? I think I read that on autotrader?
Just checked on mycarcheck and it was registered 27-07-2009

Very rare colour that it.

Looks excellent.

Mercury Silver. Very nice. Is it a Silverstone?

I don't think it's a silverstone, no recaros, black roof or speedlines. It does look like mercury silver though.

Cheers lads :smile:

I know what you mean on the 182 side but you won't regret it, sure it doesn't feel as raw in its pace but the handling is in a different league.

Yea speed wise im not too concerened, it felt much more torquey even though i was 3 up in the test drive, when i get it out on my own and after a couple of months getting used to it im sure itll feel just as quick as th 182 just with that amazing handling, the only thing i missed was the feel of the 182, but then again the 182 did become very twitchy going faster whereas the 200 felt much more stable and up for it. Im in love already lol

Welcome along.

I'm sure they did Mercury and nimbus in the early days. towards the last year of production the number of colours available dropped significantly.

Welcome along.

I'm sure they did Mercury and nimbus in the early days. towards the last year of production the number of colours available dropped significantly.

Just did some searches and it looks like your right. Mercury is listed in this link.
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio200/overview/Default.aspx

There can't be many around in this colour. Not seen any on this forum apart from the silverstone's.

Looks good and I'm sure it will put a big smile on you're face.

Similar Thread Suggestions