Fiesta ST

RUBBISH!

Honestly WTF Ford. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a 2.0l engine in a fiesta and then make it soooooo slow it just might as well be people carrier.

0-60 in 7.9 secs and top speed of 125mph

Why even bother?? Then to make it worse give it loads of understeer!

As a car its great got everything you would need, but as a hot hatch contender its a back seat job.

All Ford needed to do was add on 35bhp to make it up to the 185 conversion Mountune do and it would of been a stonker.

Oh well suppose getting out of a 200 and in to that will point out the faults much easily.

END RANT

my old car was a Fez ST which was running 172bhp and it was a cracking car tbh mate,

i had it 3 years spent 5 grand on modding it and it never missed a beat.

would i have another one, you bet i would great allround little car

Add to that, not being able to park it anywhere without have the bumpers, spoiler, side skirts and centre caps nicked!! Well done!

They do look wicked, and was temped before I got the clio.
Never driven one so can't really comment but I doubt they handle the same as a clio.

Next car has to be a Focus RS though!!!! :thumbup:

My mate had an ST before his Civic Type R and I always remember him struggling for grip and being heavy on front tyres. It was nice though, white with blue stripes. Well specced too with heated screen, cd changer and leather.

RUBBISH!

Honestly WTF Ford. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a 2.0l engine in a fiesta and then make it soooooo slow it just might as well be people carrier.

0-60 in 7.9 secs and top speed of 125mph

Why even bother?? Then to make it worse give it loads of understeer!

As a car its great got everything you would need, but as a hot hatch contender its a back seat job.

All Ford needed to do was add on 35bhp to make it up to the 185 conversion Mountune do and it would of been a stonker.

Oh well suppose getting out of a 200 and in to that will point out the faults much easily.

END RANT

mate dont forget these ares are almost 7 years old, ford bright this out a year or 2 after the 182 was released, and cars have moved on since then, in its day it had the best chaiss just read the report but now 7 years on, its very dated

well the first fiesta st came out in 2005 and mines a 56 so its older technology but still even against the 182, the 182 would beat it. Just think Ford messed up with this car.

Today i pulled out of a junction lil bit damp and ended up spinning the wheels up and not going anywhere mates puma 1.7 doesnt even do that and he has a 2000 model.

They do look good not doubting that and being an Essex lad Ford runs in the DNA but it needs a good couple of grand spent to get it to where I think it should of been at release.

_home_fiestast_public_html_forums_u.jpg

thats my old rally slag, lol

it did change its distguise 3 times in 3 years, when i brought it it was just naked red lol.

looks amazing mate, love the alloys the white against the red really goes well. Surprised you didnt tint the back windows seems a standard thing on them now.

do love the looks and shape of the body the fiesta ST has just moaning about the performance.

So Chappo question for you: Fiesta or Clio??????

I love the fiesta ST ALOT! My best mate has one, and I love driving it. But as with all Fords - underpowered!

They are rubbish imo. My brother got one to try and outdo my megane. Fail. Then I got a Clio Trophy. Same year, but the clio was so much better as a drivers car.

If, like my brother, however, you just want a nice car that's reasonably quick, then that's fine, but honestly, my C2 VTS was a better drive and more chuckable

I like the Fiesta ST's always have had! Test drove a ST500 too and loved it. But just not enough to buy over the R27..

^ Roystinho: I drove my mates C2 VTS Loeb Edition it was fairly tuned too and expected it to be quite good all round but personally thought it just felt boring unsafe and generally sh*t :001_unsure:

I think the Clio is just such a good drivers car that anything even in the same age is behind. I think up and coming models from other manufacturers will out do the Clio. Like the forthcoming ST. But, guess what! There will be a new Clio shortly after and I bet it will be better than the ST all over again!

old st is ok but i do like the new fiesta zetec-s :thumbup1:

Me too. I have seen a few spy shots of the ST and the diffuser looks a little on the large side, but I'll have to wait and see the finished item in the metal.

They are rubbish imo. My brother got one to try and outdo my megane. Fail. Then I got a Clio Trophy. Same year, but the clio was so much better as a drivers car.

If, like my brother, however, you just want a nice car that's reasonably quick, then that's fine, but honestly, my C2 VTS was a better drive and more chuckable

sorry Roy i have driven a C2 and they are sh8t nowhere near the same league as an ST mate. (my opinion having owned an ST and driven my mates C2 on many occasions)

you obviously didnt spent much time in the ST thats all i can say.

the ST is a GOOD little car but the Clio is a more grown up car to own.

Clio wins it for me.

i would own another ST i would S/C for track days easy 300-400bhp with a few grand chucked at it. thats me :ban: then, lol

lol supercharged ST with cosworth inlet manifold, flexi pipe, and full miltek exhaust system, upgraded pad and disc all round with AP 6 pot calipers and front and rear strut brace and coilover kit on a ST would be amazing but thats too much money for me right about now.

Rather a clio.

New ST is meant to have the 1.6 ecoboost engine which is going in the new C-max but with 180bhp. Hope renault go with a turbo in the new clio