Festive hols 2016 detailing thread........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Anyone got anything planned for the holiday period....any of those jobs you've been meaning to do but never found the time for ?

Or just a full on, hardcore; full days cleaning and polishing perhaps ?

Or who's got some new products requested for Christmas ?

GET YOUR PICTURES OF THOSE CLEAN CARS / TIDIED AREAS / NEW PRODUCTS UP HERE !

I've requested a few products i normally use, so am hoping to refill and expand the cupboard a bit.

Also need to get front wheels off and paint a small part of the brake-hub face i thought the wheel was going to cover but doesn't before it goes rusty........

7f70f044-5844-442f-8ec7-bdf9b17ba694_zps7zs0xunz.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy
I will definitely be giving mine the full once-over, wash, clay mitt, polish and wax. And the interior will get a good hoovering, ready for the new footrest!

Also, I liked the look of your interior LEDs Shuv, so will be getting some of those. May get a couple of packs so I can do the rear number plate lights and possibly side lights too.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks for the link @sevenfourate , that definitely trumps my 4 for £7! Are those the bulbs you have in your car?

It was when you were about to leave last night, I noticed you had them in and it really did enhance the interior - it went well with the pristine standard and RB colour too :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks for the link @sevenfourate , that definitely trumps my 4 for £7! Are those the bulbs you have in your car?

It was when you were about to leave last night, I noticed you had them in and it really did enhance the interior - it went well with the pristine standard and RB colour too :wink:

Cheers - you forget these little things until someone else notices !

Exact one i got and the seller i bought from are here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-CANBU...hash=item3aa4664862:m:m-Lq-EWZIkmyU0t0tfXrkrA

Awesome, thank you. Added to the basket, along with Elf 5w40, and I'm looking for the best adhesive product for the footplate now....(hint hint) :wink:
@Jimmy I've got loads of heavy duty Velcro tape left over.

Do want me to pop some in the post to you?

I plan to paint my calipers and intercooler, and give my mate's DA polisher a go, get it pristine for the mot (due by 18th Jan). If it passes, I'll also swap my tyres onto my other wheels.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Interior:

2 in the doors.
2 in the front courtesy light
1 in rear courtesy light
1 in the boot
2 in the numberplate lights

I make that 8 @Jimmy

Not much money either. Starts at £4 for 10:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCS-ERR...267120&hash=item56880a1704:g:96gAAOSwzJ5XVmyN

And we're gonna need some serious pcs for all your planned works bud !!

Sounds awesome :smile:
Jimmy in my R27 I fitted LEDs

2 X doors
6 X courtesy lights front and rear
1 X boot
1 X glovebox (festoon)
2 X numberplates
2 X sidelights

Jimmy in my R27 I fitted LEDs

2 X doors
6 X courtesy lights front and rear
1 X boot
1 X glovebox (festoon)
2 X numberplates
2 X sidelights

Thanks very much Locke. I'm assuming the difference in interior numbers is because there were more in the 197 courtesy lights??

I gave mine a good clean yesterday but it does need a clay, strip down and reapplying of wax, do feel my protection is not where it could/should be!