Fed up!

Well it's come to a point where I no longer have the time or patience for the cars little niggles and rattles and in general just the expense of running it so Im afraid to say the dini's days are numbered. And I doubt it's replacement will even be another Renault! In the two years I've had it yes it's been a great car, quick, handles great but christ am I not fed up of the s**t build quality. For such an expensive car everything wants to try and rattle itself free not to mention the long list of other things that are grating on me! I mean, I've had 6 Renault's in total and not one of them was put together as shabby or gave me as much grief. On the plus side, if I go for a good rip out the road all the problems get forgotten about but as soon as I'm back to reality I just want to leave it sitting at the side of the road! So this summer Im going to be looking for something with abit more ooh la la as opposed to va va voom!

hate it when i see posts like this when i have just got one lol. but spose needs are must, sorry about the bad luck!

steven

It's still a great car mate I've just had enough of the little things. I could spend less money on a car with similar character and have none of the niggles.

I always found it was luck of the draw with things like this, you must have been unlucky this time.

My car goes back and forth to Ness in Elgin, they've always been ok but sayin that ive never had any real issue. Touch wood

How many miles is on your Gordini dude, pretty sure I saw an unwanted Gordini at Elgin last month, bless its soul.

Just out of curiosity, what other car could you get for similar money which gives you all the driving fun of a 197/200 and has that much of a better build quality?

Just out of curiosity, what other car could you get for similar money which gives you all the driving fun of a 197/200 and has that much of a better build quality?

This is what I was thinking....

Couldn't really compare with anything!

Mods can ruin cars and make you feel like this.

I notice you have a de-catted ktec system on, yeah, fine when you're on it, but meh 99% of the time, all booooooooooomy and loud

They can make the car feel crass and gruff. Bit like what you're describing :wink:

Last edited:

I notice you have a de-catted ktec system on, yeah, fine when you're on it, but meh 99% of the time, all booooooooooomy and loud

They can make the car feel crass and gruff. Bit like what you're describing :wink:

It's not the mods that's are the problem, im just fed up of everything else.

I strongly agree with this too, I have been down this route before and I wont let it happen again. Starting to tamper with with things can lead to what you describe..