Fault code P0141 after centre box removed

Hi everyone
This is my first real post apart from welcoming myself and my car to the forum.

As the title suggests I've just had the centre box removed and replaced with a straight pipe and within ½ a mile of leaving the garage the engine management light came on and a message displaying "check emissions" on the dash.
I have obviously contacted the garage that did the job and am taking it to them on Wednesday.
I was wondering if anyone had anything similar or if anyone knows why this is happening.
It seems code P0141 is something to do with the oxygen sensor which I believe is located on the exhaust. Could it be that the sensor hasn't been reconnected or would the battery need undoing before attempting the job and maybe the garage hasn't and caused a short.
Any thoughts on this are welcome.
I'm thinking that maybe the code needs clearing professionally as I've had a similar problem with the knock sensor when I first got the car and when I tried clearing it with my obd it would go for a couple of minutes then come back. I took it to the garage and after a few tests they concluded that the previous owner had been running it on 95ron petrol causing the fault code but no real fault. They cleared the code and I have been using momentum 99ron since. I have never put anything lower than 97ron in.
Anyway a bit off course and any thoughts on what could be happening are welcome.
Cheers guys
Speedleking

Last edited:
Thank you. Exactly as I thought. It goes in tomorrow morning so will find out then. I'll make sure I put the results up so if anyone has the same problem in future they can come back for reference. Thanks again for the response. ✌

Update. Just got back from the garage and sensor 2 is faulty. They want £190 to fix a problem they created. I have a platinum RAC warranty so going to call them in the morning to see if it's covered and if not I'm going to change it myself.