FAO RussZS - Raider paint

Just wondering (and thought it'd be interesting for others to know) what you make of the matte finish that can't be pressure washed or waxed according to RUK.

The car looks fantastic and I wouldn't rule out owning one at some stage but just curious how you'd deal with scratches/bird poo/fallout.

Cheers,

clio200raidergallery.jpg

Last edited:
That would be my concern too with the paintwork. Does look good though! But how long for is a very good question.

I've been told that Swissvax now make a wax specifically for matte paint...

I seen the matte red finish in the arnold clark RS dealership in warrington. I would not have a clue how to polish that paint. I will read the above thread with interest lol

The paint job looks stunning tho... pictures can't get close to how it looks for real. really eye catching, looks great!

Last edited:
I wonder if you could still take the clio badge off the back with no issues underneath providing you only use a heat gun?

It makes sense to me that if you pre heat the letters using a hair dryer, use some thread to get behind the letters and dab some tar remover on any left over residue it shouldn't be an issue.

FYI, Autoglyms tar remover isn't that strong and was more than enough to tackle the residue left from my CLIO letters.

It makes sense to me that if you pre heat the letters using a hair dryer, use some thread to get behind the letters and dab some tar remover on any left over residue it shouldn't be an issue.

FYI, Autoglyms tar remover isn't that strong and was more than enough to tackle the residue left from my CLIO letters.

But we are talking about the matt paint now mate. Anything potentially oily/greasy will stain the matt finish. If it is rubbed too hard, the risk is then making that areas glossy. Also, you dont know what the surface is going to be like underneath the letters if they come off with the glue in one go. Tricky one!