Failed MOT...

Couldn't believe it- took my car into Wests for a 36k service and it's very first MOT, and it failed!!!

Dangerous imbalance of the front brakes apparently....anyone else had that?

All fine now tho...great service as usual..but nice unexpected bill!

Last edited:
Yes, been a few threads on here about it recently. Brakes probably were slightly seized.

Mine's being MOT'd tomorrow. Fingers crossed it'll all be fine :smile:

Glad you have got yours sorted now

They aren't famous for passing their first MOT's lol.

Mine failed on emissions, but when I took it to a Renault dealer, it passed :smile:

Yeah mine failed it's first MOT for that's as well.
But mine were all brakes. Front and rear. Again wasn't expecting that bill :worried:

Mine's due in January, I'll probably take it in early so if anything needs doing I can try and get Renault to do it under warrenty! Lol!

Mine's due in January, I'll probably take it in early so if anything needs doing I can try and get Renault to do it under warrenty! Lol!

Yeh thats what Renault at Smiths in Peterborough actually asked me to do! They are awesome!

It passed!

you need to seriously have a yearly brake service!

Totally agree, it seems to be absolutely essential with these cars!

Its ironic really that the only thing you need to take out in order to give the pad seating area a good clean etc is the bloody brake pins! And we all know what they are like!

They're fine if they're taken out annually though, give the pins a quick rub down with sandpaper if there's any corrosion on them

The brakes seemed to stick after every jetwash. (I am not as dedicated as some of you, and I don't take my wheels off when I wash the car...although maybe I should now lol!).I shall be keeping a closer eye on them now that's for sure..

The brakes seemed to stick after every jetwash. (I am not as dedicated as some of you, and I don't take my wheels off when I wash the car...although maybe I should now lol!).I shall be keeping a closer eye on them now that's for sure..

Haha, i dont take them off EVERY time i wash! That would be insane!

As Ben said, if you keep on top of it and keep the pins in good shape then you should be fine.

Yep my 200's brakes were given a strip down and clean when it went in for it's first service a couple of days ago.
They were binding like a treat. They did on my old R27 too.

Brakes sticking after a wash is more the pads sticking to the discs, not the pads sticking to the calliper