Exhaust vibrating on the heat shield

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
Has anyone experienced vibration from the ktr cat back exhaust on the metal heat shield, now and again it does it, should I wrap the exhaust to stop it or try something with the heat shield itself.

Any ideas

I have this with the Milltek. Just takes some adjusting of the rubber hangers to pull the affected side up. Trial and error really. Annoying cos the noise is awful.

where's it touching? i've experienced a fair bit with these exhausts,they generally knock on the body above the diffuser outlets and need realigning

Is this with the K-Tec that has two rear boxes? Never had a single issue with my single box one.

I'm sure with a bit of fiddling you'd be able to sort it out. Or, just drive faster so you can't hear it!!! :smiley:

you can remove the rear diffuser and move the heat shield slightly to give greater clearance

you can also adjust and shim the rear exhaust mounts to re-position the exhaust

might also be worth unclamping the 2 sections and giving it a bit of a repositioning and re-clamping and see if that works

I've just had a look and the exhaust has shifted to the right by a centimetre, I will take the diffuser off today and tap it back to the left and put some jubilee clips on both sides so it don't shift again, that is what's happened. Il let you know, it's just 4 screws holding up the diffuser isn't it