Exhaust MOT ?

I dont know if this has been posted before but ,

I am thinking of getting the Y pipe and a sports cat on my clio when i decide which cat back back i am getting , but i was wondering if the clio still pass a MOT with just the sports cat on ?

Thanks james

We get a lot of exhaust questions every day. A lot of them the same ones over and over so I can't blame folk for being "blunt".

All it takes is a couple of mins to look through the exhaust section and you'll find the answer.

Back on topic. I don't know lol.

It would probably pass an emissions test but its all down to the tester. My friendly MOT tester showed me on his computer what he sees when testing a car, and clear as day on that screen was a diagram of the 2 cats on the Clio. Technically if one is missing its a fail. In the real world though things might be different.

It would probably pass an emissions test but its all down to the tester. My friendly MOT tester showed me on his computer what he sees when testing a car, and clear as day on that screen was a diagram of the 2 cats on the Clio. Technically if one is missing its a fail. In the real world though things might be different.
Ah but without a friendly MOT Tester with regards to the number of CATs - They won't know it has one as it is under the undertray and MOT testers aren't allowed/meant to move anything on vehicle to check for something (Remove Parts etc) it's the same with rusty brake pipes - if you cover them in grease they cannot remove the grease to check if it's been replaced!

But to answer your question - someone on here recently fitted one and it passed the emmsions, just make sure the car is at temp just before the test - plus you also still have a cat in there!

I thought this forum was friendly, he has obviously searched it but was looking for a up to date answer, this isn't cliosport.net is it ?

The forum maybe, me? Not always.
He didn't even mention having searched but I presume you were stood watching him?

Perhaps it's not a matter of being unfriendly more you being over sensitive?

The search function is there for a reason.

I can't replicate the vast number of threads and experience he'd find by using the search button. Have you stopped to think that by using search he might actually find more information and more experiences relating to his question?

Obviously not, you'd rather try to criticise me.

He didn't even mention having searched but I presume you were stood watching him?

I can't replicate the vast number of threads and experience he'd find by using the search button. Have you stopped to think that by using search he might actually find more information and more experiences relating to his question?

As I said its not cliosport.net and I don't want to rattle anyone's cages, as I want to be a active part of the forum and learn things from the vast knowledge that occupies this forum

It was just a genuine question from OP I'm sure it's irritating to see the same questions over and over again, and yes I was stood watching him post the thread as we both have 200's, to which we are both looking for advice on,

Sorry if I/we've offended you but we are all on the same boat, we all want to enjoy our cars and get the best out of them

Sorry cheeky chops but i am only new like 3 days new and i have only had a 200 a day at the most and just wanted a answer didnt know how hard it was sorry,

Like dcidoble said we arnt trying to offend you i was just asking a question,
But thanks fernandez and ian_r for the advice

James

just to put this in to prospective a little bit....

there many many questions asked that are the same over and over again - so there are some threads that are all in one as such like the definitive exhaust thread the suspension thread etc

sometimes a question is asked and there are very few answers to be honest as sometimes it gets a bit repetitive giving the same answer over and over again instead of doing a SEARCH and adding to an already started thread

it would be beneficial to do a search first and then if you cannot find the answer you are after ask the question

:wiz:

As I said its not cliosport.net and I don't want to rattle anyone's cages, as I want to be a active part of the forum and learn things from the vast knowledge that occupies this forum

It was just a genuine question from OP I'm sure it's irritating to see the same questions over and over again, and yes I was stood watching him post the thread as we both have 200's, to which we are both looking for advice on,

Sorry if I/we've offended you but we are all on the same boat, we all want to enjoy our cars and get the best out of them

You've not offended me at all and I have to say my last post was far more polite than initially intended as the swear filter would have had a field day.

Just FYI "y-pipe" has been mentioned in 491 different threads to give you an idea of how much it's been discussed and how much extra information is there for you to see.... free of charge.