Exhaust Manifold

ChrisR27

Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

I've had a Renault Clio 197 R27 for just over 2 years, the exhaust sounds as if its got a huge hole in it, took it to my local mechanic and he said u need new exhaust manifold i'm looking around for one of these and seen one on ebay for £238 and ideas if there are any cheaper ones out there?

Thanks,
Chris

Well you can get them repaired, depending on where its gone.

You can get new flexis welded in which is where it usually goes.

Alternativley you can get a second hand one, they go between £100-£150 if you can find one.

And lastly the one youve seen is the toyosports one, but it does have its issues as it can rub on the subframe.

They are also a lot in labour to change as they're a pig to get out.

Thats the Toyosport one on eBay I think. Its either that one or get one from Renault for around £600.

I had this issue a few months back but fortunately the hole wasn't too big and was welded up no problem.

I have ordered this exhaust manifold, does anyone know which is the correct gasket and clamp to fit this?

OEM manifolds pop up on here and eBay every so often but they are case rare as hens teeth.

The Toyosport ones on eBay are pretty good but they catch on the subframe so you'd need the following Powerflex mounts to reduce engine movement to stop this.

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/powerflex--upper-engine-mount-torque-arm-bush-106464-p.asp

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/powerflex--lower-engine-mount-insert-106460-p.asp

Hi just wondered how quick delivery is on these?

Hi just wondered how quick delivery is on these?

We try our best to dispatch the same day as order :smile:

From the your username I see you have placed an order. We will confirm by email up on dispatch but the very latest you would get them would be Thursday.

Last edited:
yeah I have :smile: i just wondered as Im at the parents house at the moment and I have a bit more room for fiddling here so thats perfect.

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] do they still rub on subframe with the engine mounts? You had one in at one point didnt you?

@Fernandez do they still rub on subframe with the engine mounts? You had one in at one point didnt you?

Most people report that it solves the issue, a couple have had to take a few mm off the subframe but i guess thats down to the Toyosport tolerances.

I did have one, one of the first to get one but never fitted it as that's when I decided to do the meg conversion.

Last edited: