Exhaust manifold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted a 4-2-1 stainsless decat for my 197 but I can find any. Anyone got a link or know decent makes that are available for the 197 :s

The standard manifold is very good at its job, that's why there's no real aftermarket alternative. You can get a Y-Pipe that replaces the Cat in the collector, you have to chop and weld, but to be honest the peak gains are minimal. You do see a nice increase through the mid-range though.

What's your reason for wanting to change the standard one?

That pipe is a normal Decat that removes the secondary Cat after the Manifold.

There is a Cat in the collector of the Manifold which seems to do more than the other one, most people leave that well alone as it creates running issues unless you have the car mapped to suit. You can remove the secondary and still (in most cases) pass the MOT emissions tests and get away without having to map the car, although it is always best to do so.

basically I wanted to remove both and remap hoping for a few extra ponies. ignoring the mot, is it worth doing?

No, not in the slightest in my opinion.

You do gain a fair bit in the mid-range but it's not cheap to do.

You might get 3-5BHP peak at a cost of around £500 including labour unless you can weld yourself... Removing the secondary will free things up a bit and give you more noise, your best bet would be to do that and then get a cat-back system. These cars are not easy to get power out of, chasing figures is pretty pointless on them to be honest.

Last edited:
There is a company on ebay doing decat 421 manifolds on ebay for a good price, but personally its too much hassle for the gains

is that definatly a decat? If so I give it a go.

The primary cat is part of the manifold, hard to miss. That doesn't have one.

It's a bit concerning reading the advert, they seem a bit unsure that it'll fit? I don't quite understand why they would be so obviously unsure given they're all designed the same......

Weird, might be worth ringing them first?

the pictures not loading for me. The advert looks abit mickey mouse., guessing theres no piper or janspeed ones if theres no demand.

27838195.jpg

I wouldnt always recommend Googling something, particularly health related however in this case if you Google Toyosports (their company name) you get some very mixed opinions.

Sounds like the stuffs made in China which could explain the fitting concerns.

I believe the R3 manifold doesn't have the primary in it but it's around £1200.

The standard manifold is very good at its job, t

I disagree strongly!!! It's very poorly made in comparison to earlier RS manifolds, and flexi sections are not condusive to efficiant flow at all, and most of the welded joints are prone to cracking. Actually pretty crap.

I think if a good quality replacement is made they should be a priority for anyone modifying. I wouldn't buy anything toyosport though, I've fitted enough chinese made exhausts and manifolds in the past to know that they would be even worse than the original

Reactions: silverclio4410
The build quality could be better granted, likewise the material but there's always a compromise with mass-produced parts. It's certainly better than the standard offerings of most manufacturers anyway and I'd bet my left bollock on it being better than something Wing Yip has rustled up in his shed for 25p per unit...

Stick it on your to do list for the new project Danny, a decently priced stainless manifold with/without Cat. If you get the price right then I'm sure people would buy it as there really is no feasible alternative on the market at the moment.

Last edited:
In italy exhaust manifold are made only from artisan.. Rally team or similar..
Not from supersprint, no inoxcar, no others

These are made from a guy who made for vedovati corse..
They are very good.. I'm not sure but i think that with these you'll need to change also centre section of exhaust.

I want these.... By the end of feb/march i hope to take them...

a4c6d412dfb5c57c66509c2bc85e7ccd.jpg

266170848b50d6798b4534fe8b88aae1.jpg

19dc5ac787d728b60036049e48e76e6f.jpg

db06247d815fc75988edd057b24f2d56.jpg

296117c532de9ccef5a431aeade27e8f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.