exhaust knuckle query

fano45

Paid Member
in light of the growing number of cracked flexis
do you guys think that if the car was designed with a spring knuckle in between the two cats
as apposed to the existing design that it would take the strain and prevent this from happening?

in light of the growing number of cracked flexis
do you guys think that if the car was designed with a spring knuckle in between the two cats
as apposed to the existing design that it would take the strain and prevent this from happening?

I have done this on mine because the manifold has no flexi, I'm not sure it would be needed in addition to a flexi. I think the only issue is on the standard manifold the flexi's are just inaccessible, if anyone gets a failed manifold I'd personally be going the K-tec route now because that would be so much easier to replace if it fails.

manifold-2.jpg

had a stock exhaust refitted and the section between the two cats was replaces with a straight pipe, no joint.
pedantic i know but im sure if i have a knuckle like yours installed it will be best.
i also have a vibreation at 3500 that im sure is coming from this.
mounts all checked and replaced

had a stock exhaust refitted and the section between the two cats was replaces with a straight pipe, no joint.
pedantic i know but im sure if i have a knuckle like yours installed it will be best.
i also have a vibreation at 3500 that im sure is coming from this.
mounts all checked and replaced

If you are back on the stock exhaust then that's mild steel. I have seen a mild steel sprung joint in 2.5" from Jetex which would make this a very easy job indeed!

u056300.jpg

Btw where is your upstream o2 sensor?

That was a mid fitting photo when first installed. I've actually got a different system (Akra) attached now.

I had the front section TIG'd including the extra lambda (sorry for blurry photo!)

image4-750x410.jpg