Exhaust guidance!! Need some more knowledge on the subject

Basically I'm looking to get a Milltek Non-res exhaust and a Milltek decat pipe but need some advice on it all and what to do to get a good loud sound with lots of popping :wink:

I've seen stuff bout Y-pipes, which I don't have a clue what hey are!? Is it worth getting one fitted as well?

Plus with the decat pipe I'll have to get a remap but on the Milltek website it says something about stage 2 remap.. Which again just blew me out!

So as you can see I need a bit more knowledge in this area, so any advice is welcome as I want to get it planned and fitted soon as I can!

Sorry for being a noob as well guys!!

The y pipe is one way of getting rid of the pre-cat in the manifold; another is to get an aftermarket manifold with no pre-cat. Either way, expect to pay some labour costs, as you need to drop the subframe to get the manifold out. Getting rid of both cats is the best way to get full on pops and bangs, however, you will get a flat spot in the power delivery, and thus, remapping the ecu is recommended. The stage 2 you mention is marketing bull**** as far as I know. Have a nice Xmas.

Cheers guys! I did look at that thread but it just blew me away aha but I do get it a bit more... Have a good christmas guys!