Exhaust for track use

pdd144c

Paid Member
Looking to fit something to my 200, what have people experienced with regards passing sound checks on track days? Akrapovic Evo would be my preferred choice.

Cheers

Paul.

Can't speak for akrapovic but scorpion resonated with decat had no issues at oulton park.

Akra and standard manifold is fine for all the tracks I've been too. This a includes Bedford which has one of the strictest drive by limits.

Not if you add an R3 manifold it won't pass!!

And so by extrapolation I would be cautious with any pre-cat deletes with an Akra too.

Not if you add an R3 manifold it won't pass!!

And so by extrapolation I would be cautious with any pre-cat deletes with an Akra too.

I was mindful of your experience Rich and hence why I stated I still had the standard manifold with cat.

Just how loud is it with the R3 manifold then Rich? I had a spare Akra centre section and had the silencer removed. Could only bare it for a couple of weeks before I had to stick the original Akra silenced centre section back on.

Sounded amazing on track but just too loud for daily use.

It's the usual Akra witchcraft, not too bad just driving around - only 87dB static reading. But then when you open it up it's LOUD! I can't really say too much but suffice to say I wouldn't take that combination on a drive by metered track again, or you'll need to shift up at 6.5k and be diligent in certain places :wink: