EVO magazine

Just bought this month's edition.

There's a review on a Clio 200 with k-tec's Cam and remap package ( 18bhp and 16ftlb)

Good little review , gets good write up. Quote ... "Adds intensity to and already pretty rapid experience "

Rating's
+ Performance gains, smooth power delivery
- dont expect sudden miracles

Evo rating - 5 Stars!

Maybe worth buying if thinking of upgrading to this package in future for a read :smile:

Last edited:
Yeah, lets not forget this is the same company who told us not to expect gains of this level.... and shot many a member down for similar claims

Lets be honest, you wouldn't t notice 18bhp or 16lb. You'd be lucky to see 10bhp in real life from these mods!

Evo Magazine said:
What the K-tec upgrade can't do is turn the Clio into a Cooper S

Well thank fu#K for that, the last thing I would want is the estate agent special Cooper S. Everyone of them that has tried their luck has lost...

Well thank fu#K for that, the last thing I would want is the estate agent special Cooper S. Everyone of them that has tried their luck has lost...

If there was a like button it would have been clicked for this :wink:

Thankfully we dont have a like button!!

That would put us in the same category as.....

Last edited:
****ing EVO Magazine

Got a years subscription on the iPad for my birthday.

Thought what an awesome gift until i tried using it. Doesnt background download so you have to sit there and watch it downloading, keeps crashing.

Finally got the 500mb file downloaded, flicking through and the content is unreal, so interactive.

Took it to work, went to read....crashed. Hmmm. Turns out it doesnt work offline! What a pile of wank, thought the whole idea is so you can take it on the go with you!

Not impressed!!!!

Why are those gains not likely? Sideways Danny has already pointed out that he's seen MK3 RS' from the factory "mis timed and down on power".

So surely if this was the case with this 200 then the new cams, proper timing and remap would easily achieve these figures?

I think that's achievable, but your looking at circa 185bhp to start, so 203 there about with cams dialed in and remap -sounds about right..

Think the problem stems from some claims of other companies claiming 220bhp+ with cams and map..

-Andy

****ing EVO Magazine

Got a years subscription on the iPad for my birthday.

Thought what an awesome gift until i tried using it. Doesnt background download so you have to sit there and watch it downloading, keeps crashing.

Finally got the 500mb file downloaded, flicking through and the content is unreal, so interactive.

Took it to work, went to read....crashed. Hmmm. Turns out it doesnt work offline! What a pile of wank, thought the whole idea is so you can take it on the go with you!

Not impressed!!!!

Mine works just fine Offiline mate? Regularly read it on flights/in the airport etc.

Your right about the background download, although the files are pretty big so you can see their logic on not randomly downloading it. Although a push notification of "ready to download, do you want to background download?" would be nice.

I think that's achievable, but your looking at circa 185bhp to start, so 203 there about with cams dialed in and remap -sounds about right..

Think the problem stems from some claims of other companies claiming 220bhp+ with cams and map..

-Andy

yep i'd also say its achievable if timed and mapped right

Mine works just fine Offiline mate? Regularly read it on flights/in the airport etc.

Your right about the background download, although the files are pretty big so you can see their logic on not randomly downloading it. Although a push notification of "ready to download, do you want to background download?" would be nice.

I was considering getting the ipad app to try but think I'll just stick with the mag instead now.

Oh really?!

Best look into that then

I was considering getting the ipad app to try but think I'll just stick with the mag instead now.

The app is great, there's nice bits of extra content and you can tell there's a lot of thought gone in to it. It's still early days for it though and you can tell they keep trying new things in each mag. Its good to see a print media being turned in to something more "modern".