Evo 220 test

The twin test against a Mountune ST is on page 92 of the current issue which arrived today.Get"s a solid 4 stars but still a little short of the ST on road but 0.7 sec quicker round a track before the rain arrived-not online yet.

Should hopefully be a more informative read than the tripe that was in Autoexpress this morning (3 way test/review). No problem with people not liking the car, each to their own etc.
But full of misinformation about the RS Clio Trophy.

- Kerb weight quoted was wrong. It's heavier than this boyz. Check Renaults WEB site, or in my case... the V5 (it's 1,279kg). The quoted kerb weight is for a none lux model. And the trophy is based on the lux model.
- Think it will be news to Renault that it has a mechanical LSD.
- The ability to hold the left paddle while braking and change down multiple gears is not new to the Trophy, it's been like this since day one.

Don't think some of the journalists do much home work before writing these articles! Sometimes wonder if they actually drive the cars even.

Probably would not really have changed the outcome of the test, but they could at least make some sort of effort to at least get their facts right.

I'll keep my eyes open tomorrow for this months Evo.

Last edited: