Every cloud........

has a............erm green lining :biggrin:

Set the scene,

Had gone to Bolton for a quick shop and parked up in the multi story, came back an hour later and the marketplace staff wernt letting anyone in the building, after 30 minutes of waiting they only let people with cars parked on the multi story back in, I went up to the 1st floor where my 197 was parked, walked through the entrance and looked over to where my car was parked.....

pitch black nearly, saw pipes hanging down off the roof, i walked over to the car to find....

zaf2.jpg
zaf1.jpg

in a puddle of water behind my car....

clioburnt1.jpg
clioburnt2.jpg
clioburnt3.jpg

2 women and 2 young children where in the zafira driving, they saw smoke coming in the cab from the airvents, they literally jumped out the car, grabbed the children then boom....right behing my clio :worried:

so to all the 197 f1 owners i think a thankyou is in order as the value of your car has risen as there is one less on the road, mine was wrote off :'(

so onwards and upwards.....

ta dah...

alien2.jpg
alien1.jpg

sorry about the poor pictures I took them on my phone :biggrin:

Last edited:
Nooo!!! That's terrible, but at least nobody got hurt. Looks like you got a decent replacement out of it anyway. :smiley:

gutted at the time, just glad nobody was hurt,

oh and to top it off,

I 1st parked round the other side of the car park, parked up, looked to my right, 3 door car with 2 baby seats in the back, with one front passenger seat down, I thought sod that im moving incase i get a dent or a scratch, yeah moved round the other side and had my car melted lol

Nooooooo....poor 197, but like you say, every cloud!

Nice replacement!

wow! What a turn of events.

At least you have come out of it with a better car!

I assume someones insurance paid out? the Zafira owners?

wow! What a turn of events.

At least you have come out of it with a better car!

I assume someones insurance paid out? the Zafira owners?

Yes, the zafiras owners insurance paid out, had a mini cooper s on a 12 plate as a courtesy car for 2weeks aswell,

as for the seats they probably could of been salvaged but i had no idea what i was going to get next so i just wanted rid and the money for the car asap

No way, that's rubbish! But at least you got a 200 out of it. I bet you were absolutely gutted when you got back to it. How much damage was actually caused, would it have needed panels replacing and a full respray? I wonder what value they put on your F1.

No way, that's rubbish! But at least you got a 200 out of it. I bet you were absolutely gutted when you got back to it. How much damage was actually caused, would it have needed panels replacing and a full respray? I wonder what value they put on your F1.

At first yea i was, then obviously priority is nobody was hurt,

yea panels, respray, as you can see it was a mess think the repair was around 5800

Similar Thread Suggestions