Evans Halshaw Renault Edinburgh!!!

Well What a giggle,

A while ago my Emmisons light came on according to the picture in my handbook, and also noticed that the window seal had split on the drivers side rear window, also noticed a part of my battery cover was missing, and finally the dreaded kangaroo effect in the mornings.

So dropped the car of this morning at 8am :worried: and got the beas of a courtesy car, a twingo Dynamque (Spl) oh what a monster that was!

Anyway phone call from dealer that car was ready, so went up, seal replaced, the warning light turns out that the Cam shaft sensor was ****ed so that was replaced, and what a difference in the car felt, so much quicker! would the sensor cause that?? Battery cover they wernt willing to replace under warranty.

But the biggest laugh has to be the cold start issue, according to them it is part of the cars normal working, ie it will act like that untill it gets to temp, and the goon at the service desk said it was normal, so i said if it was it would happen to all cars then?? then he gave me the good old its a sport car blah blah. so i said i have driven sport cars and none of them done that - his response was epic, well its a renault he said lol, also said if it persists bring it back lol

End of small story lol

It is a characteristic of the car, mine has it and they've never been able to cure it and I've taken it to several dealers. Sucks :worried:

Same here, its to be expected in the 197. Only way round it is to let the car warm up before driving off or use 2nd gear. There are no updates to fix this.

Its not a characteristic ,its a fault.Hardings Renault re flashed my first 197 with the Renault patch and it completely cured it.

Last edited:
had this arguement with renault uk and the dealer and didnt come to anything!

i drive a 59plate twingo 133 and that does it sometimes

This time i cant fault the garage as it done all the work required for my car before the warranty run out.

Although i get the same problem with the kangerooing..they just aint prepared to fix it at all. Then again they just generally dont care