European Road Trip

have you got your route saved or you remember it??would be great to have a rough idea of the places you saw...

So day 1 we headed to Stutgart, avoiding toll roads to camp. We ended up staying outside of Stutgart in Ottenbach. Day 2 we drove south through Lichtenstein to Val Mustair, Switzerland. This took us up so excellent mountain passes. We also drove the Offen Pass and Stelvio Pass that same day. That evening we had a pizza from a local Pizzarria. Day 3 we headed from Italy to Austria. There we drove the Hanhntenjochpass and drove further into the Alps and slept there the night. Day 4 we drove to the Silvereetastraße, Austria and then to the Black Forest in the evening, via Switzerland. The road you want in the blackforest is call the scwarzwaldhochstraße (Black Forest high way/pass) That road you can corner at 80-90mph, it's very wide, long and has sweeping corners, as well as outstanding scenery. Day 5 we went to the Nurburgring, chilled out in the day watching some test cars and what I think was a track day. Then in the evening we went on. Day 6 we headed back to Calais, via Belgium and France avoiding all tolls. While we were there were searched for roads on the 10 ultimate drives and plugged them into the sat nav. We avoided tolls all the way (except the silverettastraße, which is a toll road), avoiding them meant we are taken through some quiet towns and villages and through the Alps. I will try and find a route planner that allows me to drop pins over to roughly give you an idea. Having set places to go each day meant we weren't driving around aimlessly.

So I managed to map out the places where I took photos on my phone, thankfully it geographically tags where you take photos. So each dot represents the roads we drove on and the places we visited. Unfortunately it won't let me join it up as a route.
616DC34B-57BD-4CC1-9EFB-3F4441FE4EB2_zpsi26aucmg.png
74E508E8-F4F3-46AB-8958-A54A6AE255E8_zps0w6bkgoh.png

Looks good fun, the euro trips i've been on we've always stayed in hotels, not sure i'd enjoy sleeping in a car at all!

Looks like a great adventure.

Couple of mates did the same about 10 years ago, slept in the car and survived on babybells and baby wipes :lol2: