European road trip ...

Stunning photos.

So, if you spent £2,000, then you're looking at £1,000 for 16 days, which I think it's great. You've done a road trip, visited sites and not just pi55ed it up the wall in Ibiza. I'd do the latter, but equally, the photos just show what I could be missing out on...

It would be well over £1k for 16 days. It's costing me around £1k for 6 days just in germany and france.

As with any trip like this it's all about doing a bit of research plus having a handy iPhone app always helps. If we'd camped it would have been much cheaper and depending on where you stay makes a difference. Arriving at a town or city, parking up and going for a wander round you can get a very decent hotel, worked every time for us apart from on one occasion. With driving we had to be careful how much we drank. Brugge proved a big problem ... all that beer!

PS. if you go to Austria ... get a tourist pass at a petrol station otherwise you'll get fined!

I spent £550-£600 just on fuel on my Euro Trip, plus tolls/ferry etc, I don't even want to work out what I spent. But I don't want to, the trip was just amazing. And a good life experience. 14 days that was.

Germany was a lot cheaper and shorter when I recently went there, but just as good as an experience with the car world. It's one of those places you have to tick off if you love cars.

Last edited:
Tempted to try do a shorter / cheaper trip. Down to the alps of something, fun round some decent roads then back.

thats the good thing with euro trips, its completely up to you what you do. longer/shorter and where you go. i'd suggest germany though, as its a good destination, not too far of a drive and the roads around that area are just epic, without going on the track

that'll give you driving through France>Belgium>Germany.can call in at Spa race circuit too.

Great photos mate, looks like it was one hell of a trip! I've been on roadtrips across Europe, but only as a passenger. Would love to take the R27 on a nice long trip at some point :smile: