engine mounts knocking?

Just trying to indentify where my knock might be coming from, its when i accelerate or come off the throttle to coast and the engine moves back or seems to.

Anyone know which mount it most likely to be or waht else it could be?:headphone:

Sounds like the perfect excuse for someone to try the new ktec uprated mounts to meeeeeeeee!!!!

If its a road car id just go buy normal mounts unless you want to be vibrated to death

cheers lads, yea just want standard ones, not into big vibrations.

Cars done nearly 41k so think bushes will be gettin worn?

Is Renault the best place to go for bushes?

Is there two engine mounts and a gearbox mount?

Normally the top stabiliser bar most prone to going. Then the gearbox stabiliser bar. Rare to need new engine/gearbox mounts. Renault is easiest and quickest option

I'm having a similar issue bud. Replaced my top engine mount and gearbox mount (both of which showed signs of wear). Initially the problem appeared to have been sorted, but the knocking noise reappeared over the next few days. Trying to figure this out as well.

Edit: Realise what you're talking about with the stabiliser bar I think, Paul (was asking which one it is).
Another silly question. What's the difference between the gearbox stabiliser bar and the gearbox mount. Or am I being daft?

Last edited: