Engine Bay

Do you mean by the bonnet latch?? If so, yeah I get a lot of water pooling there, always have done. Needs a good mopping out with a microfibre!

Yeah exactly there. It drains away ok but when I dry the car there is always a drip from the diamond (must be the drainage route). Must be the half bonnet design!

So if cleaning the whole car:

1/ Under the hood first - only to have to go back after doing the outside and clear up the leakages under the hood, or:

2/ Outside first - then lift bonnet to find the 'normal' leak on the front panel and then have drips running down the bonnet into the engine bay too ?

Decisions, decisions............

Reactions: Jimmy
So if cleaning the whole car:

1/ Under the hood first - only to have to go back after doing the outside and clear up the leakages under the hood, or:

2/ Outside first - then lift bonnet to find the 'normal' leak on the front panel and then have drips running down the bonnet into the engine bay too ?

Decisions, decisions............

A dilemma indeed! But if the bonnet has been dried, you should be drip-less? :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
A dilemma indeed! But if the bonnet has been dried, you should be drip-less? :wink:

Its the ones that get in the gaps and come back on themselves and hang under the bonnet like stalagmites you have to watch out for. One twitchy move and they drop.....right on that battery cover you've just cleaned. I swear they do it for fun :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Adam_C
Its the ones that get in the gaps and come back on themselves and hang under the bonnet like stalagmites you have to watch out for. One twitchy move and they drop.....right on that battery cover you've just cleaned. I swear they do it for fun :smile:

They're also clever at resting underneath the rear wiper and then dripping down the bootlid when you close it after drying off the shuts!

They also get in the wing mirrors - they definitely breed in there, there's no end of them running down the doors, even hours after the cleaning has finished :weary: