EBC Pads

I use Red Stuff on the fronts and am really impressed with them, very good on the road and awesome on track. On the rears I have OMP race which are also pretty good.

i wouldnt touch anything EDC, had bad experiences with these on my fez st, with the pad coming away from the backing plate ( yellow and red pads ). plus u should never save on a pad with a higher braking performance. after all its the pads that make u stop

I wouldnt ever fit different compounds front and rear, different bite characteristics with heat range. You'll start with a rear biased car on track which will unpredicably change as the heat rises.

I've used RedStuff and really liked them, on road they keep the wheels spotless, are silent and after a small amount of heating the bite and performance is fantastic. On track they hold their own but will fade 10laps+ if your pushing on.

Only reason i changed is because i experienced the awesomeness of CL RC5s and im converted for life :wink:

i wouldnt touch anything EDC, had bad experiences with these on my fez st, with the pad coming away from the backing plate ( yellow and red pads ). plus u should never save on a pad with a higher braking performance. after all its the pads that make u stop

I've heard of people experiencing the same with Carbon Lorraines too. So it can happen to pad.

I ran red stuff on my Focus ST and thought they were great, noticeably better than the standard Ford stuff and there was less dust from them. I'd certainly buy them again.

I had them in the evo when i got it. They used to make a mess of the discs so baught some carbotech pads that the evo lads rave about n i didnt like them. They would squeel like hell unless u got them hot.
Im sure isnt there a blue stuff ebc now thats suposed to be the best ?????

Id just leave standards in the rear , they do nothing anyway

rick

I wouldnt ever fit different compounds front and rear, different bite characteristics with heat range. You'll start with a rear biased car on track which will unpredicably change as the heat rises.

I've used RedStuff and really liked them, on road they keep the wheels spotless, are silent and after a small amount of heating the bite and performance is fantastic. On track they hold their own but will fade 10laps+ if your pushing on.

Only reason i changed is because i experienced the awesomeness of CL RC5s and im converted for life :wink:

Do you use CL front and rear?

My standard pads are starting to come away from the backing aswel but i think this is just due to extreme heat cycles with trackdays etc rather than the pads themselves, they look pretty baked! What do you run?

I run CL 5+ front and rear and I love them, trackdays are fine aswell. Just the dust is a pain.

Have them in the 172 and that's a daily aswell and they perform fine as a normal pad.

Oh god not this again!
There are some people on the forum that hate ebc and others that don't. I ran ebc's and no trouble, others have had trouble.
I now run mintex and couldn't be happier. Read the comments posted and then come to your own conclusion :smile:

Different compounds front and rear is not a problem.
Tried EBC don't like them at all, using DS3000s in the rally car now, will stick DS2500 in the 197 when they need them.
Ring Questmead if you need proffesional advice those guys know everything you need to know!

Had many sets of EBC over the years ( black, green, many reds, yellow ) throughout road and track use and never once had any safety issues myself.

Was a hardcore fan of them but then i discovered CLs.

i had two sets fall apart on my focus....

still bought a set of reds for the 197 and they were very good and very low dust :wiz: