Ebay :(

Hi all,

This is a long shot but I recently purchased a 200 interior through ebay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RENAULT-...arParts_SM&hash=item2a138f79bf#ht_582wt_1156-

I emailed him about a buy it now price which came out at 825 quid delivered, I paid through paypal (Ive now started a claim) and waited for a tracking number. The guys email address is no longer working and looking through his past listings there are several phone numbers all which seem to be the phone numbers of people who have previously bought items from him. He is no longer replying to my ebay emails, his last one telling me "Ill forward it later mate" talking about the tracking number.

I have been told his full name is Russell J Murphy, he lives at 22 rowantree drive Bradford BD10 8ES. He seems to have a lot of clio 200 parts, I was just wondering if anyone had came across this guy?

Cheers
Liam (hopefull)

Last edited:
Not heard of him mate but If you have exhausted all possible communication then you need to raise the issue with ebay. If you paid via paypal or a credit card then you can get your money back. If that don't work then call the police if it looks like you have been defrauded.

Well it seems it didn't end up going through ebay, Ive never really used it so when he asked for payment to be sent through paypal to his email account i didn't question it. Luckily Ive paid for products not paid as a gift so i think I'm still covered?

Not heard of him mate but If you have exhausted all possible communication then you need to raise the issue with ebay. If you paid via paypal or a credit card then you can get your money back. If that don't work then call the police if it looks like you have been defrauded.

I would take the same path as suggested above as well. The only thing you could do in addition would be to go the small claims court.

Hope you get it all sorted out if not the interior all your money back anyway bud!!

Cheers,

Chris :smile:

They have to investigate it. There are special teams dedicated to ebay fraud. You could contact the local police (where you believe the seller lives) and ask their advice first anyway. They should help you out, especially if ebay/paypal don't.

If you have his address, call the police and tell them the situation, it is illegal and they need to be involved.

I just rang the police and was transferred to the credit fraud unit, paypal must complete their investigation before the police get involved. Paypal have to allow the guy 10 working days to respond so if he hasn't by the 20th they will refund me the money and get the police involved to claim it back themselves....

I hope the seats arrive I have ordered adapters and some carbon fibre cloth/epoxy system for a seat related project

So much fraud going on at eBay at the moment I have friends who are waiting on refunds on motor parts stuff it's unreal
Hope you get all your money back mate

wow small world. I noticed the auction on Ebay, asked him the following:

Hi Russ,

Glad to see you still have the seats available or are these a different pair? I contacted you back in April when these were listed last time about purchasing them and you said £800 cash as your a private seller. Would you still be happy with this?

Cheers
- James

To which i got the following response:

Dear (my Ebay name),

there a different pair mate. im letting the auction run good luck

- russdilllyn

And yet now i find out he stopped the auction early for an extra £25 to an overseas buyer? Something smells fishy about this!

You paid via PayPal, you therefore have the protection and peace of mind that PayPal offers. I wouldn't worry in the slightest as PayPal generally favour the buyer and screw the seller. In this case it would be entirely justified.

Oh yeah i agree totally. However i still cant help but find it strange that he would refuse a cash offer from me but then accept basically the same amount via paypal for someone overseas?

He also doesnt have 100% feedback (98% or something) which means hes been left negative feedback in the past from previous sales as well.