DVLA lost my licence!

Moved house so sent my licence off to amend the address and got the photo part back today with a letter saying I need to provide the paper part!

i sent both parts and they have obviously lost it.

how else would they know what address to send the letter to, unless they had seen the completed paper part I wrote in?!

its £20 to apply for a new licence if you lose it - no way am I paying that when I know i definitely sent it and I know they received it as they were taped together.

Got loads of trackdays coming up so need my licence. Can't believe how bad they are!

My mate moved away to Norway for 10 years when he came back he applied for a UK license again and got it straight away. Five years later he bought a motorbike ( after not having one since before he moved away) when he looked at his license he had no motor cycle entitlement on it. When get contacted DVLA they said unless he could provide the pass certificate ( from 20+ years ago) he would have to re take his test and he had too. If I gave to send mine in now I always scan both sides of the card and the paper part so I have evidence. Cost him vest part of a grand to get through his test again :worried: Hope you get it sorted mate but sorry to say it's going to be your word against theirs .

Well they sent my old photo card back so I will take a photo of both sides for evidence if my bike test etc

they lost mine recently but i'd renewed the photo thingy after ten years so i'd already paid the £20.

driving licence isn't always needed on trackdays, book a track being one example so ckeck with them if its not sorted before you go and move your date accordingly.

I remember the motor bike issue on watchdog few years ago. They even done it to a motorbike copper and told him he had to redo his test

From my experience with the dvla you'll have no hope.

I filed for my personal reg transfer in October and it finally got sorted last month.

They lost my v5, mot and tax disks for both cars, TWICE.

Numerous phone calls to the dvla and it's finally sorted. There flipping useless.