Dumbfounded..

At my colleagues attitude to buying new tyres...

We have two brothers that work with us, the younger brother has just noticed he needs 3 new tyres. (They are nearly tread bare!)

They have been ringing around getting qoutes for 3 new tyres. Cheapest they have got is £155 for super budget tyres.

I've just got them a price for 3 toyo T1R tyres for £34 each. Super super cheap but doesnt include fitting. Fitting is only £10 a tyre and yet they are still going to get the super budget tyres fitted at a local motosave...

It beggers belief, apprently they don't need good tyres as they don't race around like a chav...:whatever::001_huh:

Surely it would make sense to put 4 on too?

I can hardly talk though, 3 budgets and a part worn on mine at the minute. It makes driving 'fun'. lol

I had 3 budgets and a near the limit Conti on mine when I got it. Scary sh*t!

My friend bought an IS200 a couple of years ago and promptly put some Linglongloveyoulongtime tyres on the back. One week later he lost the back end on a roundabout and wrote off his car and a KA. Fast forward two years and his Fiesta needs new tyres. He was looking for the cheapest until I more or less threatened him and eventually he bought some OEM Hankooks. Some people never learn!

perhaps the 3 budgets will match the one remaining ditchfinder tyre....you dont want unbalanced handling when turning in to a kfc for a greasy box :whatever:

The tyres should now had a guide showing noise, fuel consumption and wet stopping rating.

It may change there minds.

Iirc black circle show the ratings.

Something needs to be done about crap tyres.

Want to put an air filter on your car? You must tell your insurers.

Want to put some plastic tyres on your car? Your insurers don't need to know.

WTF :bored:

AGREED! Ok in the event of an accident they may check that the spec of tyre (speed and load ratings) tie up with what the manual states but they could be some mega cheap crap!

I'd rather try my luck with a Tesco value artic roll for tyres than some Chinese pish thats made from recycled windscreen wiper blades.

I had 3 budgets and a near the limit Conti on mine when I got it. Scary sh*t!

My friend bought an IS200 a couple of years ago and promptly put some Linglongloveyoulongtime tyres on the back. One week later he lost the back end on a roundabout and wrote off his car and a KA. Fast forward two years and his Fiesta needs new tyres. He was looking for the cheapest until I more or less threatened him and eventually he bought some OEM Hankooks. Some people never learn!

:lol: I'm so stealing that and using it myself lol

Natural selection. Just a shame they sometimes take out other people when they have an 'incident'

Love it!!! :smiley:

If you're stupid enough to skimp on the one thing keeping your car on the road then it's your own fault should you come to grief because of it. I've never understood the ''Buy Cheap Buy Twice'' mentality when it comes to tyres. Fair enough, socks and boxers, Primarni £3 specials will do the job. But, tyres aren't something you should skimp on...