Dull knock / thud noise underneath car.

After having owned my 197 a matter of days, it seems to have developed a very dull but also rather obvious knock / thud noise which is apparent when going over uneven road surfaces / potholes and sometimes speedbumps and 'seems' most apparent at lower speeds.

I don't however think it's the usual bootlock / rear seat issues as it seems to come from outside / underneath the car (seems quite sound isolated), and location wise, i'd say middle, maybe to rear of the car (but it's difficult to say for sure).

Any ideas / suggestions?

Regards

Anthony

Mine does same. One of the mounts underneath is tired got the Garage too order one in. Not convinced it's actualy that though :-/

a lot of the times its the centre exhaust mount just before the rear axle needs adjusting - the clearance isnt much - just unbolt and re-position

you also get the tailpipes touching the diffuser or heatshield - again re-position exhaust or bend heatshield out of the way

a lot of the times its the centre exhaust mount just before the rear axle needs adjusting - the clearance isnt much - just unbolt and re-position

you also get the tailpipes touching the diffuser or heatshield - again re-position exhaust or bend heatshield out of the way

Yeah, i'm going to attempt this on Monday - well I say me - a mate is and i'll supervise:thumbup:

I do have a 15 month 5 star warranty with Stratstone, but I doubt they'd even bother to take a look at it tbh!

Had the same issue with mine aswell. Renault sorted it for me under warranty so you may find that if you have a good warranty then they will sort it for you too!

There was a similar topic posted not long ago on here about the same issue. Think it was Jimpy's car - seems like a common issue unfortunately as its bloody annoying i know that much.

Had the same issue with mine aswell. Renault sorted it for me under warranty so you may find that if you have a good warranty then they will sort it for you too!

There was a similar topic posted not long ago on here about the same issue. Think it was Jimpy's car - seems like a common issue unfortunately as its bloody annoying i know that much.

Mines a 57 plate so out of warranty unfortunately. I'll get it on some ramps soon and check it out. I hope it's the exhaust and not something more serious!

Cheers

Anthony

Just to update - Jacked the car up to check the exhaust and it turns out it was catching the heatshield, a bit of adjustment and tightening up and it's cured the knocking noise:thumbup:

Although I did scuff one of the arches driving it into my paints garage:thumbdown: A few passes of the DAS6 later though and it's sorted :smile:

Cheers

Anthony