Ducati

Not owned one but looked into them before I got my last bike.

The older bikes are expensive to service, the newer ones not so much but still more expensive than your average Honda/Yamaha. I think every two years or so they need a belt service which requires the engine to be removed and is something like £600-800, though I think that's just the older bikes.
Generally servicing them carrys a premium over other bikes just because they're Ducatis from my previous research.

They have dry clutches which for me sort of ruins the bikes but I'm sure all the Ducatistos would claim it's part of the magic, they just sound like a bag of spanner at idle to me.

Which model were you looking at?

I can't answer on the servicing, I've not looked that deeply into it... but I took out a 848 Evo a couple of weeks a go... great bike! I'm used to 600cc in line fours, it had so much torque!

848 if you can, supposed to be a better road bike than it's bigger brother. Most bikes in excess of 600cc have too much power for the road anyway.

I presume you're aware of MCN? Lots of reviews on their website.

I am no bike expert but after hearing two over the weekend I agree they sound like a bag of spanners! I am sure they are a serious weapon on the road but I wasn't impressed! I couldn't pull into a car park sounding like that haha!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Motorsport 8
grrr Gallery 4