Driving in bus lane fine!

Hey, got a lovely letter thought the post this morning!
From Glasgow city council with a blurry/dark image of my car, saying I drove through a bus lane, so I have been fined £60.

Now, I do not deny I drove through a bus lane. It was 1:20am and I had just driven from st Neots, we were looking for our hotel, as I've never really driven in Glasgow town centre before, and I was following our sat nav. It told me to go straight ahead, I had cars infront Of me, behind me, not enough time to carefully think. So I went forward, and found our hotel. An went to bed! Lol.

Now where do I stand? It's my 1st offence, i got lost, didn't harm anyone!!! Any chance of getting off with it?
Ta

cant really help you out mate but I hope you do get off with it, I know rules are rules but it was 1:20am for godsake.

I thought bus lanes had set times anyway??

It's only 60 squids, no penalty points so your chances of getting off the hook are slim to none.

To be fair, it's like a £120 fine round our way so I think you done ok!

I nearly did the same in a city a while back, it wasn't a bus lane though, more of a "bus road" saw the signs at the last minute and managed to stop and turn around, this was in the bright of day also so I can't imagine it being much fun in the dark.

I'd say just pay it, its more likely to go up than down with you refusing to pay it.

Its gone up quite a bit these days!!

I got caught back int 90s when it was a £20 spot fine

:blush: bit harsh really that. But at least its not points, whatever you do.... do not post the same thread on cliosport...... you will be bombarded by replies with some nasty comments!