Drivers side Mirror Issue.

Morning Members,

I have an issue with the drivers mirror, the electrics are working 50%, the mirror will work if you go UP>DOWN, but it will not move right>left, im having to use my finger to push it into position.

What could it be?

Motor?
Fuse?

I'd think the fuse would knock off the whole thing rather than one part of the movement. Its possible the cable has come unattached I suppose on the back of the mirror or as stated the motor.

iirc the mirrors have 2 small motors in them one for left/right one for up/down....

The wife's 197 had the ball link off the end of one of the motors snap off so only up and down worked.

I tried gluing it but it only lasted a couple of months so had to buy a new motor assy-if you need a new unit look around on ebay as loads of different manufacturers use the same part. I bought a brand new Zafira unit for £10.

Easy to fit-move mirror so left hand side is 'in' the most, put your fingers behind the mirror glass on the right hand edge and pull-hopefully it'll come off and not break (took mine of several times without a problem).
Remove mirror heatrr connector.
Remove (from memory) 3 torx type self tap screws and motor assy comes out, remove electrical connector.
Go through ebay and compare (can't get a link to work) search for electric mirror motor-most european cars use the same manufacturer like valeo or siemens.
Look at item number 161138530103

Last edited: