Door trim Stickers

HarryJT97

Paid Member
So this has been bugging me a while and finally found replacement stickers for the door trim, but I can see that the old sticker wraps under neath the door and window rubbers when applied, does anyone know how to get the rubbers off? Thanks :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
I'd imagine they're tucked or clipped in, but from previous experience with other cars they tend to bend when removing, rendering them useless so just go careful, and don't mark your paint! If it's the eBay replacements then can you get some pics up so everyone can see what kind of texture they are please? I'm also looking at getting some. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@sevenfourate will give you the info on this mate.

The lower horizontal trim has one single and small T-shaped clip where it attaches to and pushes into the centre of the B-pillar. And i'm afraid however careful you are with it - it may 'break / deform' enough to not work again. And as it's part of the trim and can't be replaced on its own; its £48.80 for a new pair ! Crap design IMO. But hopefully it will come off and go on ok. Once that clip is released it just pulls up and out of the way as you work toward the mirror - then out of the underneath of the mirror trim inside the car if you feel the need to go that far. Best to get some trim removing tools (£1.50 delivered on ebay from the UK !!!) and prise off carefully supporting as you go - so you don't bend the metal re-inforced structure inside. Because whatever you do one it's bent: A kink will show i assure you from experience !!

The window seal itself pulls away easily (Start at top of door, toward the mirror end). With the window all the way down - just pull gently. The only part you need to be careful of; is the vertical part at the rear of the window next to the B-pillar. Again this is metal reinforced (Unlike the rest of it) - and it's easy to get a kink in it. With the vertical part: From the top - just slowly but surely work it away from the door frame - working down and easing it away from the frame as you go. At the bottom - you just need to ease it up and out of the door. I tucked the lot out of the way inside the car at this point to allow me to work on the decals.

Putting them all back is obviously (And pretty easily) the reverse of the above. In terms of the lower horizontal trim - it may be easier if you remove the inside of the mirror trim to insert it in behind it. This just pulls away and can be done by hand.

There a few pics not too many pages back in my build thread of the seals hanging out, when i recently vinyl wrapped my B-pillars.

Just go slowly, chill, don't do anything silly or heavy handed. Try to 'feel' what's going on. Remember: nothing good happens quickly !

Reactions: HarryJT97 and LOCKE