door pillar seals?

Any one els had issues with door pillar seals falling apart. I've looked into it and the seals don't cost much but apparently the rear quarter window has to come out to fit the new seal resulting in a big labour cost.

Yeah they are dreadful we have had the seals done on both of our GT's under warranty mind they replace them with a revised version iirc

Just had the same problem! 12 pound for the seal and a total cost of 60 to fit, they said they need the car for half a day, to air it all out and dry it properly, thats why the labour is so much! Crazy!

Just had the same problem! 12 pound for the seal and a total cost of 60 to fit, they said they need the car for half a day, to air it all out and dry it properly, thats why the labour is so much! Crazy!

What!?!

That's scandalous, takes half an hour on the driveway...

OK I tried to do this my own way. The rubber seal has perished on mine too.
I took a punt and got a strip of seal from Seals direct (they do all kinds of shapes). It's not quite the right fit though, as it's a D shape and doesnt quite show through the gap in the door...as you can see.

20130202194136.jpg

20130202194112.jpg

So that was a right FAIL.
Can anyone hook me up with the correct parts?

Why would you make a mess of it like that when the correct parts are only about £25!?

You know what they say, buy cheap, buy twice!